New 5GHZ Router for Yamaha consoles

Re: New 5GHZ Router for Yamaha consoles

There is some tradeoff in distance between 2.4G and 5G units. But in my experience I get less interference when using 5G, especially if your venues are in hotels or convention centers.

Ubiquiti Bullet M5HP. I don't like the Titanium version as much for the fact that there are no status lights on the side.

https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/bulletm/

The Bullet can be set to serve up DHCP addresses, so if you have multiple pieces of gear just use a cheap gigabit switch like the Netgear GS108, etc.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
there are settings in there for DHCP, but from what I can tell it is only to fetch an IP address for the unit itself, not to be a server

Jason

Brian Bolly said:
Ubiquiti Bullet M5HP. I don't like the Titanium version as much for the fact that there are no status lights on the side.

https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/bulletm/

The Bullet can be set to serve up DHCP addresses, so if you have multiple pieces of gear just use a cheap gigabit switch like the Netgear GS108, etc.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
there are settings in there for DHCP, but from what I can tell it is only to fetch an IP address for the unit itself, not to be a server

Interesting - I'll have to go back and check. When I first set it up to test, it looked like it was doing just that, but there may have been another piece of gear on the network that was set to serve up DHCP. We opted to go the static route, FWIW.

Yes, the Ubiquiti Bullet does not have DHCP server, but it can forward one. Also, it is quite confusing: you can configure all sorts of things in the software, that the unit doesn't have - DHCP amongst others. You can make these settings all you want - nothing is gonna happen... They could have removed these from the software in the devices that do not support them, if you ask me.