New to pro sound

Re: New to pro sound

New to this sound thing and thought I might stop by and say hello. Just bought a new Soundcraft Expression. Are they any good?
Hello.
They're OK, but be sure to buy a mixing board with at least 2X the number of channels you actually need, otherwise you can damage your microphones from "underpowering".

KitchenAid makes the best mixers.

No way, Kenwood is a much better name in all things audio, and their mixers rule. Some of the effects are awesome, like the meat grinder, but obviously not for beginners, cause that effect might literally bite you if you don't watch what your fingers are doing.

image.jpg
No way, Kenwood is a much better name in all things audio, and their mixers rule. Some of the effects are awesome, like the meat grinder, but obviously not for beginners, cause that effect might literally bite you if you don't watch what your fingers are doing.
I'm not sure if my kenwood is a mixer or a synth. It has a lot of mixing stages and filters, but also a pll so perhaps it's both a mixer and a synth :)

Putting in an external master clock like a Big Ben improves the taste of things I'm mixing. I love me some Potato Leek Lefse.

I tried to use the digital clock on my stove but I couldn't get them to sync correctly, and the analog clock on the wall stopped at 2:23 years ago (the battery is dead).