No compromises front loaded double 18” cab

I get my cabinets built by John Mueller at Mueller Speaker in Richland,Pa. He uses a computer program that allows you to plug in the information from speaker manufacturer to design the cabinet.That would be a worth while thing to purchase. Plus John worked for Clair Brothers for 10 years prior to going into business for himself. Another important aspect of building any cabinet,but especially with subs is bracing. You don't want any squeaks or rattles.

These subs are still going strong. I tend to use them in a mono arch configuration down stage and have found that it is helpful to strap them all together as one big unit because they tend to want to walk around when you are whooping on them. before the strap thery would move as much as 8 inches to a foot out of line with each other over the course of a show.

Other than that my only regrets (rather small) is how well i attached the interior casing around the handles, so far i have had to re attach 3 of them... All in all not terrible but in hind sight i would have been more thorough attaching them.

We have done several radio festivals here in philly with all 12 of them outside accompanying My D&b Q series rig (11 boxes a side) for crowds of 5000ish and most guest engineers have been satisfied. many assume that I have B2 subs (with the knowledge that they are using a d&b rig) and I usually just let them go on believing it, though I never out and out lie about it if someone asks.

I have no regrets about building these, they have and will continue to serve me well.

Have you considered 21" drivers? They can often offer more 'Bang for your Buck' when you consider you'll get away with fewer drivers and enclosures. Typically, a single 21 costs less than 2 x 18s, to which it can be comparable in most aspects. I have found that I am moving away from 18s for this reason. My ethos for good bass is: "Move a lot of air. Gently".
---EDIT--- Just seen the dates on the original posts! Oops! :oops: