OT: Industrial Network equipment

Philip Roberts

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Southwest Michigan
I'm looking for a piece of network equipment that I'm not sure exists. Here's what I'm looking for:

1 wired RJ45 network port with PoE 802.11af/at
1 wired multimode fiber network port ST connectors preferred.
Power via 120V AC ideally or low voltage DC
High/low temperature rated (-20C to +55 or wider)

I'm aware of and have used the N-tron line of din rail mount switches:
105FX-POE Industrial PoE Ethernet Switch [105FX-POE] - $399.00 : N-Tron, Online Store

In this particular application I'd like something smaller and simpler. DIN rail mount is not required.

Does any one make something smaller than the n-tron?

Philip

Re: OT: Industrial Network equipment

I'm looking for a piece of network equipment that I'm not sure exists. Here's what I'm looking for:

1 wired RJ45 network port with PoE 802.11af/at
1 wired multimode fiber network port ST connectors preferred.
Power via 120V AC ideally or low voltage DC
High/low temperature rated (-20C to +55 or wider)

I'm aware of and have used the N-tron line of din rail mount switches:
105FX-POE Industrial PoE Ethernet Switch [105FX-POE] - $399.00 : N-Tron, Online Store

In this particular application I'd like something smaller and simpler. DIN rail mount is not required.

Does any one make something smaller than the n-tron?

Philip
Transition Networks has a zillion Gozinta->Comezouta products generally in this realm. http://www.transition.com/

Last edited:

Transition Networks has products that would but but have more RJ45 ports that I need. I'm hoping to stick what ever I get in the base of a light pole so the physically smaller the better.

Are you looking for a switch, or a media convertor from fiber to POE twisted pair?

Media Convertor

Mac
Either, but I'm looking for some thing PSE (power source equipment) rather than PD (powered device).

I've done some more looking and Moxa has a product that's what I'm looking for, just it cost about twice what I was hoping to pay.
Moxa Ethernet Media Converters - IMC-P101 Series IEEE 802.3af PoE Ethernet-to-fiber media converters

I may have to decide to live with two boxes (fiber to copper, copper to PoE in the other)

Thanks,

Philip