Power Connectors

Re: Power Connectors

So the local outdoor event has a 10-50R. I explained to the organizer that this plug is not to code and does not have a safety ground. He was nice about it and said he would check with the city electrician. They came back and said the plug should be fine as is. I got the standard answer, "It has worked for every other band the past 15 years, and everyone who plays here knows to bring the right plug." I told him that they could change to 14-50R and it would be perfect. Still no go....

Shall I simply make an adapter to 14-50P and tie ground with neutral, or do I push this farther with them?
What do you guys think I should do?

Push harder. It's not like its a huge expense to get a proper outlet and 2 feet of ground wire. Unless the box isn't grounded and then you have a whole new list of problems.

Push harder. It's not like its a huge expense to get a proper outlet and 2 feet of ground wire. Unless the box isn't grounded and then you have a whole new list of problems.

Looks like there's a ground wire mere inches from the outlet, so I'd guess that the box is grounded. And while they're fixing things, the 2 5-15R outlets need new covers (preferably in-use covers). 5 minutes of work and about $20 in parts

Looks like there's a ground wire mere inches from the outlet, so I'd guess that the box is grounded. And while they're fixing things, the 2 5-15R outlets need new covers (preferably in-use covers). 5 minutes of work and about $20 in parts

+1 well maybe 10 minutes... idiots if they won't fix something that simple what about the big stuff?

After letting them know that what they have is illegal and unsafe, and that they either needed to change the outlet or have an electrician on-site to tie me in/out, they have agreed to change the outlet. Thanks for your advice.