Pre-Order Fail : An open letter to Allen & Heath and AMS Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre-Order Fail : An open letter to Allen & Heath and AMS Distribution

Hey, I found a picture of his GC-Pro rep:
deliverance.jpg

Come on, man! The banjo is the only truely American instrument and deserves much more respect than GC! It shouldn't be the target of your distain - that's why they invented the Accordian!

Come on, man! The banjo is the only truely American instrument and deserves much more respect than GC! It shouldn't be the target of your distain - that's why they invented the Accordian!

The banjo comes from Africa.

I hear it was a Scotsman with OCD who made the first accordion by putting pleats in his bagpipe to match his kilt ;) .

Ron, somehow that created a mental image that will take years of expensive therapy to forget...

That's just one Atholl playing three instruments and drums...and playing the piece in 3/4 time instead of as a jig as it was written. That makes it come out half as fast, or "half-fast".

Last edited:

I had received a confirmation that my pre-order was in... THE DAY that pre-orders were available on it.

I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around on both sides here... but at the end of the story, me... the customer of both GC and AH is affected by this. How is it fair to me that I put money down and was one of the first people to pre-order this item, and still don't have it, while other dealers have them in-stock and ready to go??
Who provided confirmation? You apparently placed an order with GC, which then goes into their internal system and not directly to the manufactuers or distributors. GC decides when to place an order with their manufacturers and distributors, those orders are often for larger dollar amounts or quantities in order to receive beneficial pricing, and when that order is received GC then uses it to fill their existing internal orders and their inventory. Sounds like GC decided to take and confirm pre-orders on the Qu-16 but also decided to place the related order with A&H/AMS such that they did not receive any units from the initial production run. That was entirely GC's decision and if you have any issues with it then they should be directed at GC.

And all along I thought it derived from the swine-ette, you know, that instrument made by pulling 4 strings tight across a pigs ass.

Hey, where's the OP. Has he drowned in his own tears never to be heard from again?

Perhaps he tired of being belittled. Why, do you want to use him for a punching bag, so you can make yourself feel better?

Perhaps he tired of being belittled. Why, do you want to use him for a punching bag, so you can make yourself feel better?

John...

The OP spread his whine over 4 different audio forums, refusing to take any responsibility for uninformed consumerism and faulting the manufacturer for the business practices of GC.

The OP is/was an a** and would not back down. So he went away rather than own up to self-centered stupidity. He just kept digging and earned every whack he got.

Any other questions?

John...

The OP spread his whine over 4 different audio forums, refusing to take any responsibility for uninformed consumerism and faulting the manufacturer for the business practices of GC.

The OP is/was an a** and would not back down. So he went away rather than own up to self-centered stupidity. He just kept digging and earned every whack he got.

Any other questions?

No other questions, other than my sincere apologies to Bob Leonard for confusing this thread - which indeed was a bullshit one - with another thread where someone was being a bit churlish with the OP on his grammatical style, Dick.

No other questions, other than my sincere apologies to Bob Leonard for confusing this thread - which indeed was a bullshit one - with another thread where someone was being a bit churlish with the OP on his grammatical style, Dick.

I'm not offended John. The OP was a whining shitball, and considering his comments across four web sites I think he's been let off easy by the masses. From time to time you'll see people who post is a similar fashion across a number of sites, always with some no existent complaint about something or someone they feel has offended them. In this case the OP appears to have been hoping disparaging comments in public would make his board magically appear. A true case of "I'll show them a thing or two, I'll let the world know that they did me wrong." which unfortunately for him, bit him hard on the ass.

Thanks for all the personal attacks... they're cute, especially from you Bob... who just assumes you know everything about every situation. If only we all had your magic crystal ball like powers, the world would be a better place. Time to get off that high-horse.

Truth of the matter is, the situation has been fully resolved after a brief discussion with A&H and my rep at GC. But really, thank you for your concern. So actually, your diatribe about how my posts would get me nowhere, were completely wrong. Though, I'm glad you were able to entertain yourself, at least for a little while.

I wish you well in the future, sir.

Thanks for all the personal attacks... they're cute, especially from you Bob... who just assumes you know everything about every situation. If only we all had your magic crystal ball like powers, the world would be a better place. Time to get off that high-horse.

Truth of the matter is, the situation has been fully resolved after a brief discussion with A&H and my rep at GC. But really, thank you for your concern. So actually, your diatribe about how my posts would get me nowhere, were completely wrong. Though, I'm glad you were able to entertain yourself, at least for a little while.

Apt avatar...toxic waste. Pretty much sums it up.

So they have resolved your issue after a brief discussion, but these negative thread topics persists on multiple forums. It might be nice as the OP to ask the forum mods to lock or rename the threads so damage to the reputations of these commercial businesses does not continue.

I surely won't post again as that only perpetuates the damage.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.