Replacement options for 01v96-VCM

Re: Replacement options for 01v96-VCM

If you're playing drums and mixing at the same time, the X32 rack would be a great option. The mixer then doesn't have to live next to you on stage, and the iPad app is VERY easy to use. You can use up to 32 channels, or you can patch channels into multiple places and mute the ones not being used for a quick change configuration. i.e., band set A is on channel 1-16, band set B is on 17-32. Very powerful little box for $1500 MSRP.

i have to second this. also, while the option of introducing Personal Monitor Mixing and IEMs isn't on your list, having an X32 Rack puts that into the 'yeah, we could do that someday' category. I'm a HUGE fan of the 01v96, but i'm in the process of replacing all of the ones i'm using now with various iterations of X32. Just too powerful a tool to ignore.

No problem.

I do feel fairly confident I have seen inexpensive PC soundcards around, that had an ADAT port. Perhaps something will turn up. The RME end of the scale does seem overkill for a 01v96.

The same connector is used for both ADAT Lightpipe and optical S/PDIF. I would guess that inexpensive PC soundcards support the latter, but not the former.

I didn't mention it, but I am already on IEMs, and two of the other five band members are in the process of moving to IEM as well. I am very heavily leaning toward the X32 rack. Unfortunately, they do seem to be a bit higher than the $1,500 mark north of the border, but I haven't done a whole lot of shopping around.