RF Combiners

Jordan Corona

Feb 19, 2020
Marble Falls, TX
What’s the best solution for combining 10 or more channels of wireless to antenna?

Sennheiser and Shure each have 8ch units, professional wireless’s largest combiner also /
seems to max out at 8ch.

Dude!

I love RF Venue stuff. Does the cascade set up work for combiners as well as distributors? My problem is that every combiner I can either supports 8 or 4 Txs, I need at least 10 out.

What’s the best solution for combining 10 or more channels of wireless to antenna?

Sennheiser and Shure each have 8ch units, professional wireless’s largest combiner also /
seems to max out at 8ch.

Check out https://www.minicircuits.com/ I'm using their products in both splitting and combining roles for Sennheiser receivers and IEM transmitters respectively. They work very well--just make sure that you specify the impedance and connectors that you need.

Jeff

Reactions: Riley Casey
To combine 10 you need 3 RF Venue Distro (best bang of buck splitters). PM me if you need pricing.
Dude!

I love RF Venue stuff. Does the cascade set up work for combiners as well as distributors? My problem is that every combiner I can either supports 8 or 4 Txs, I need at least 10 out.

So... if we're talking about "transmitter combiners" and you need 10 INPUTS, you can consider:

1) using a passive combiner to combine two active combiners (8+4 for example).

Shure PA821 (8 input combiner) + PA421 (4 input combiner) combo will give you the 12 inputs you need and both have a passive combiner built-in the front of the unit. You will lose 3 dB (half-power) on each carrier, but hopefully you can compensate for that upfront with transmit power from the IEM units. What model of IEMs are you using?

2) Second option: use 2 transmit antennas. No passive power loss.

Hope this helps.

Cheers