Votes: 14 43.8%
  • digico sd9

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sc48. Vs Sd9

As usual, Tim offers his perspective from a position of experience and reason. We are a SERVICE industry. Golly gee whiz bang toys might get you through the front door. If you want to be invited to dinner you damn sure better know how to use them.

Odd point of view, Brandon. To "admit" something is to insinuate that there's been reluctance, nay, even a "cover-up" of sorts by "you guys" to the fact that digital consoles, like anything else, are indeed capable of failing. With digital consoles in our house and my experience on many more over the past several years, I assure you that this is not the case.

The many advantages of "jumping ship" from analog is obvious. So are the disadvantages. As with everything in life, one must weigh those factors when making the decision to go one way or the other.

Geri O

+1

I've had analog consoles & gear "fail".... although admittedly not as spectacularly as the early Digico stuff did.... :lol:

Odd point of view, Brandon. To "admit" something is to insinuate that there's been reluctance, nay, even a "cover-up" of sorts by "you guys" to the fact that digital consoles, like anything else, are indeed capable of failing. With digital consoles in our house and my experience on many more over the past several years, I assure you that this is not the case.

The many advantages of "jumping ship" from analog is obvious. So are the disadvantages. As with everything in life, one must weigh those factors when making the decision to go one way or the other.

Geri O

After looking over this post, I realized that I may have insinuated that we've experienced significant failures with our digi inventory, which is not the case. We've never had a digi out and out die.

We have had a smattering of issues, as bad faders on an M7 (Ooooh, there's an industry secret, eh?...:eek:)) and a shakey ribbon cable on this same M7. Other than that, they've all been rock solid.

With our analog desks, we've had Series 5 PSUs repaired twice in 12 years and replaced all of the faders about 7 years into owning it. Also, a 4KM PSU repaired once, and again, the usual fader things that pop up from time to time.

I have my first orchestra show on on our CL5 tonight. 16 DCAs will make it a piece of cake.

Geri O

+1

I've had analog consoles & gear "fail".... although admittedly not as spectacularly as the early Digico stuff did.... :lol:

Midas H3000 logic board failure - 8 channels went wide open in the middle of a show.

Hi Guys the DiGiCo SD Series consoles they are just fantastic. I have a few of these consoles and they have been very reliable! The DiGiCo SD9 offers 96 channels of full DSP Processing and has a vast array of extras as well as the option of 16 stereo aux's plus left and right and a 12x8 matrix. These consoles have been put through their paces and used in every situation imaginable and have preformed flawlessly. The desk has a nice big touchscreen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.