So we get new Yamaha desks? CL series

Re: So we get new Yamaha desks? CL series

The Yamaha CL3, apparently. Here's the high-res picture from Christian's link:
Yamaha CL3.jpg

Why are companies insisting on having a mixer that's like 15" tall? That make for a ridiculously oversized case.

Looks like M7-style channel controls, possibly 9 layers for the fader banks. It appears to have an IPad area. Is the thing on the bottom right side a slide out keyboard?

The Yamaha CL3, apparently. Here's the high-res picture from Christian's link:
View attachment 3347

Why are companies insisting on having a mixer that's like 15" tall? That make for a ridiculously oversized case.

Looks like M7-style channel controls, possibly 9 layers for the fader banks. It appears to have an IPad area. Is the thing on the bottom right side a slide out keyboard?

Yeah, DiGiCo and Soundcraft... pikers.

Any guesses as to the faders on the right... L+R would be obvious, but here's hoping for say stereo faders fx return, switchable (1+2, 3+4) like the 01v, or hopefully completely assignable to whatever you want, and put your playback on it.
Hoping those blue displays are ala "midas / I live" and change colour.

My question: Can I use that 32x16 (& 4 AES?) digital stage box with my LS9-32?

Part 2 to that is, is it digital ONLY ( ala M7cl48 ES)? please let there be XLR connectors on the back of this new console...

not to swerve, but what are people doing about com,dmx etc. with cat 5 / digital snakes? all I can think of is you have to run a small multipair, and if you're doing that, whats the point of a digi snake ( other than leaving the audio on stage). Is that the only advantage at this point ?

Part 2 to that is, is it digital ONLY ( ala M7cl48 ES)? please let there be XLR connectors on the back of this new console...

not to swerve, but what are people doing about com,dmx etc. with cat 5 / digital snakes? all I can think of is you have to run a small multipair, and if you're doing that, whats the point of a digi snake ( other than leaving the audio on stage). Is that the only advantage at this point ?

There's a big difference between a small snake consisting of a couple cat5s and a couple XLRs and a 56-channel multicore, both in terms of cost and weight.

like this ? - (using the digital audio pair as DMX)
any issue with a/c running with it ?
Certainly could work. My preference would be to not include power in that cable and run it separately. Theoretically a digital snake should reduce the need to have FOH on the same feed as stage power, so it might not be necessary to parallel power to the snake all the time.

like this ? - (using the digital audio pair as DMX)
any issue with a/c running with it ?

Works nice.

I take one of these (Sommercable) on a lot of jobs, the only downside is that the included power (around AWG13) makes it big and heavy, compared to network or audio only. Absolutely no problems with a/c running in the cable.

For longer runs I prefer Fiberfox, then the Intercom and DMX problem comes up again. But it's phantastic to have audio plus DVI video in one fiber run of 150m and more. Or audio plus communication network.

The taller the console, the wider the case when on its wheels, making it more stable. There's lots of mixers (mainly little ones) out there for which the case needs to be over-sized just so the damn thing won't fall over if you look at it funny. The high ass end makes the console easier to use, and gives more room for I/O, card slots, internal PSU, etc.