Soundcraft SI Expression

Re: Soundcraft SI Expression

Thanks very much. Tried it and it works.

Once the second fader of the pair is deleted, it seems like there is no way to set that inputs gain and pan (even, say, through the touch screen). I guess I could assign the input to another fader layer so I can select it. Am I missing something?

Not sure. It's one of the quirky things about the console. On a Yamaha if you have a stereo channel like say, the main stereo output, you can alternate views of the left and right sides by repeatedly
Pressing the select button. I think soundcraft should either update the firmware with either a more refined stereo input on one fader, or at least allow you to view the linked channel with the deleted fader by pressing the select button a second time.

Re: Soundcraft SI Expression

A voltage surge, due to nearby lightning, took out a few pieces of gear at the church yesterday. Only stuff with a standby mode and a "soft" power button, including the new SI Expression 2. (A resistor in the Sunpower PSU is burnt.)

To the Soundcraft guys, please ditch the soft power button. Not only does it make gear susceptible to voltage spikes while "off", it's a pain having to teach volunteers to check for the 2nd power button - the one at the back - if the soft power button doesn't work.

(All my Yamaha consoles have a nice, firm, square, recessed, normal hard power switch at the back!)

Last edited:
Good afternoon, I have an SI3 expression console and I'm having a malfunction, every first channel block does not work and the phantom power lights are on. I have already updated several times and nothing. Do you have any recall of this console? Thank you very much in advance.