System Architect

Chris Delcambre

Freshman
Mar 11, 2013
Hi,

I have 6 Itech 6000/8000 amps and 1 Driverack 4800... All of them show up in HiQue Net Manager but will not show up in system architect.., any ideas on how to fix that???

Thanks
Chris

Re: System Architect

Chris,
Is System Architect (an outdated program by the way, you should be using Audio Architect) set to use the correct nic? Is your system set up with static ip's or DHCP?

Sent from my iPad

Call Crown. It's a free call and they will walk you through it.
I'm still on System Architect myself because the net book I carry for that work doesn't have enough RAM to run Audio Architect

Hi,

I have 6 Itech 6000/8000 amps and 1 Driverack 4800... All of them show up in HiQue Net Manager but will not show up in system architect.., any ideas on how to fix that???

Thanks
Chris

Do you mean "Net Setter"?

This sounds like an IP addressing issue.

Probably is. I've had amps that were practically impossible to connect to.
If I remember right, we had to:

1) Change the IP address of my laptop
2) Use netsetter to find the amp
3) Change the IP of the amp with netsetter
4) Change my laptop IP address back

Only then could I connect

The guys at Crown have walked me through it twice and did so without complaint
Took at least an hour the first time, don't call 5 minutes before they close!

There were a number of steps that depended on what the screen was asking, so I'm not capable of walking you through it with forum posts.

The first time we did that, Net Setter was a separate program.

The second time we did it, System Architect had upgraded and Net Setter had become internal to System Architect

The first time we did that, Net Setter was a separate program.

The second time we did it, System Architect had upgraded and Net Setter had become internal to System Architect

Net setter still is a separate program. It installs with Audio Architect now, but can still be launched separately and still be installed separately.

Net setter will show limited data, IP information mostly, of hiQnet devices NOT on the current subnet. Once hiQnet devices are on the correct subnet it will show full information.

Audio Architect and if I recall correctly, System Architect will not discover or show any devices that are on the wrong subnet.

Sent from my iPhone

Net setter still is a separate program. It installs with Audio Architect now, but can still be launched separately and still be installed separately.

Net setter will show limited data, IP information mostly, of hiQnet devices NOT on the current subnet. Once hiQnet devices are on the correct subnet it will show full information.

Audio Architect and if I recall correctly, System Architect will not discover or show any devices that are on the wrong subnet.

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds like you understand IP. I'm sure you're right!

I don't really understand IP and networking, so I called Crown, and they walked me through the process
I took notes and can now do it, even though I really don't completely understand what I'm doing.

Once my amps had the right IP addresses and the computer was back on the right IP address, Studio Architect found it.

I've been told if you use a router and DHCP that all that becomes not necessary, but I know how to make what I have work with just cat5 cables, so I'll learn about adding a router when I get more amps.

My main point was: If you don't understand IP (like me), call Crown. They do, and they'll help.

Obviously, it would be best to learn IP addressing and networking et al, but if you're not there yet.......

FWIW:
I've done a fair bit of teching on a VTX system with V-Racks (Itech 12000HD) and Performance manager.
Setting static IP adresses on all the amps is by far the most reliable solution and the fastest during setup.
Have had numerous issues with switches locking up and different DHCP servers jamming up, going static cleaned up these issues.

I have a really basic IP/HiQnet adressing scheme.
Rack 1, amp1 is 192.168.0.11/ HiQ 101
Rack 1, amp2 is 192.168.0.12, 102
Rack 8, amp 3 is 192.168.0.83/803

And so on.

I have a really basic IP/HiQnet adressing scheme.
Rack 1, amp1 is 192.168.0.11/ HiQ 101
Rack 1, amp2 is 192.168.0.12, 102
Rack 8, amp 3 is 192.168.0.83/803

And so on.

Great idea.
For those trying to replicate this, set the subnet mask on all devices to 255.255.255.0

And set the first computer IP to 192.168.0.1
The second to 192.168.0.2... etc.
Make sure you are setting this on the correct interface, which will often be the Ethernet/ LAN connection, but might be the Wi-Fi connection depending on what you are using to connect.