Thanks Bennett for quickly finding us a new home

Randy Frierson

Freshman
Jan 18, 2011
This is much more comfortable and I like that all levels of engineers have a place...will there be any advertisers? If so I'd like to fully support you and buy a add...again thxs for finding us a new home...randy

Re: Thanks Bennett for quickly finding us a new home

This is much more comfortable and I like that all levels of engineers have a place...will there be any advertisers? If so I'd like to fully support you and buy a add...again thxs for finding us a new home...randy

There is a DONATE button at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure what would be a ''proper'' donation, but I already made one. Not a lot, but if we all chip in a little bit it would help to offset costs.

I kind of like the fact that the topics get full page presentation and there are no ads. As long as everyone remembers to resize their photos (please) so as not to require scrolling to read posts, I'm a happy guy.

If folks would like to see who is supporting the site, perhaps a clickable list of contributors could be added. Of course, it would be nice if there was an opt in/out option for this as well. If you'd prefer, you could just be listed as ''anonymous''.

More work for Bennett and David........

I kind of like the fact that the topics get full page presentation and there are no ads. As long as everyone remembers to resize their photos (please) so as not to require scrolling to read posts, I'm a happy guy.

We actually set a max-width for images on the forum to 800 pixels. The height will automatically scale to that, so we won't have that issue.

If folks would like to see who is supporting the site, perhaps a clickable list of contributors could be added. Of course, it would be nice if there was an opt in/out option for this as well. If you'd prefer, you could just be listed as ''anonymous''.

More work for Bennett and David........

At the end of the month, we plan to post a page of all contributors, unless of cost they let us know that they would prefer to be anonymous.

See this thread: http://www.soundforums.net/index.php/mv/msg/58/777/#msg_777

Yup.....

Since I sent in a check instead of clicking in, I didn't see any of the stuff about remaining anonymous.....but then I just confessed to contributing so in my case ''the point is moo'' as they say in Wisconsin.

And I'd like to comment on Randys thread title:

It feels like home when the residents can get together and call the shots. If otherwise, it tends to feel like renting rather than owning.

Hope that's not abusing the deceased equine.

DR

I did and encourage all to do it as they can

I'm one who enjoys this as entertainment and a resource..on the other not so friendly psw I also got work and sold some gear and since it appears that all of the folks are transitioning here I'm sure this will quickly be what we all wanted the other to be...so I from time to time will donate money to keep this viable and not be a burden on the 2 owners...again thanks and on my last post on psw I was threatened with a lifetime ban, so I'll just stay away and maybe all of the advertisers will follow suit....