The top ten

Re: The top ten

Silas,

If you're looking or some baby Vertecs, here's a link to some up for sale: Line Array JBL Vertec 4887A and Lab Gruppen amp package

Speakers:
4- VerTec VT4882 (subs)
6- VerTec VT4887A
with all wheel boards

Two custom amp racks each containing:
1- Labgruppen FP 6400 (Subs)
1- Labgruppen FP 3400 (M/H)
1- I/O Panel
1- Lake Contour 2 x 6 speaker processor / IO Unit

Cables:
1- Cable Trunk
2- 100� NL8
2- 75� NL8
2- 25� NL8
6- 5� NL8 jumpers
2- 75� NL4
6- 5� NL4 jumpers
3- NL8 to NL4 Wye adaptors
4- NL8 to EP8 adaptors
3- Neutrik NL8MM
4- NL8 Crosswire adaptor

Rigging:
1- Rigging Trunk
2- VT4887 SF (Grids)
3- 2� Tuflex Spansets
6- 3� Steelflex Spansets
7- �� Shackles
9- �� Shackles

Silas, Sound Media selected the Turbosound Flex Array (TFA-600H and HW) after doing some research like you. We were in research mode for a line array solution; we often read the forums for insight to the production world. After reading Steve Payne post and speaking with him and Tim Kresko, we decided to listen to the Turbosound Flex boxes. We are not partial to any brand, only solutions that meet our needs. Every company has their own criteria for making purchases, which evolves over time base on many factors including economical climate. The box sounded great, which was the first step. Here are a few criteria it had to meet (in part or whole) to serve us well.

Can we use it in a medium/large ballroom, arena, and outdoor with good result

Can I lift a single box without assistance

How efficient is it (How much amp power need to get the box going, SPL sensitivity)

Do they truck pack well

Is the brand known and have a history of great products

Can I service the box with ease in the field (swap a component if needed)

How expensive are the components (mechanical devices do break; ask the stagehand)

Software support to design system for a venue (good starting point)

Good customer support from the rep, distributor and manufacturer

Can it ground stack (made some custom but simple and light, stacking frame with Steve Payne help)
How difficult is it to rig
How many motors are needed per hang
Once we are 90% there we listen to similar products to confirm our choice.

Find great solutions for your customers and they will help you with the bills.

I had an opportunity to listen to V and J series ... Incredible stuff.

For my type of work ... up 5000 audience ... V series will do nicely ... even up to 10,000

V Series is light weight and smaller ... so you can do much smaller intimate events as well.

Pricing is excellent and made for us event guys ... easy to setup and take down.

You can do a variety of different music on them ... and has great growth potential

My best ROI was on a bunch of old Strand Century Lekos I bought used for $30 each. Paid for themselves the first rental. You'd have to pay ME to use Eons.

I think a friend of mine clenched this category when he got a whole QRx rig with amps cases and such for 422 dollars at an auction. Absolutely amazing.