Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A

Re: Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A

Dear Bob - My name is Ritchie and I manage the Care Prof team in EMEA/APAC. Unfortunately the X32 Cue app is not compatible with the M32. We are aware of the software bug with the current M32 App and our R&D team have already fixed this issue and released the software, the app is currently with Apple for certification. I am very sorry that you have encountered these issues and thank-you for your patience and support in advance. If I can provide any further assistance please feel free to message me personally.
Regards
Ritchie

Hi Ritchie,

I'm happy to tell you that I downloaded the latest version of M32-Cue (1.2.2) and was able to connect to my M32C.

Thanks you for your help on this!

Best regards,
Bob

Dear Bob,

I am glad we have been able to quickly resolve your issue and I hope you are enjoying your Midas system.

As an Oscar Peterson fan yourself, I thought I would share with you a letter Oscar Peterson wrote to Midas in 1979 thanking them for the custom made console they produced for him.

For people who are not familiar with Oscar Peterson, I encourage you to listen to his amazing music. This iconic jazz pianist is an absolute inspiration.

Warm regards

Uli

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 2

Hi Uli,

Thanks for the great pics! He was a giant and a source of joy for so many. How typical of him to send a personal letter to Midas - it would've made my day to get that!

Best regards,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Dear Bob,

I am glad you have been able to download the latest app.

In response to your query regarding “any limitation on the number of concurrent app sessions”: our Innovation team tested up to a maximum of 10 concurrent M32 Cue app sessions during the initial software test qualification stages. With this in mind your 9-member ensemble should not encounter any issues during use.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and support, and do let us know if there is anything further we can help you with.

Hello Uli,

I know I'm (very) late to the party, but I didn't know this thread existed until today.

First, I'd like to say that despite some misgivings due to your older products, I went out and purchased an ADA8200 this year. I purchased it to add some additional I/O to my system and didn't want to spend a ton of money - I wasn't expecting much. I've been using it daily for nearly six months now. It's fantastic. It sounds great, it's dead-silent, it functions exactly as it should, it stays cool, etc, etc. I will probably be buying a second one soon. Thank you for producing a product so great for so little money. You have renewed my faith in Behringer products.

Now, my questions - I've read a lot of conjecture about a new Behringer synthesizer, and I've seen the teaser video about the Midas synthesizer. Are these one-in-the-same, or are you planning to release multiple synths? Is there anything you can tell us about the development of these? I wonder if they will be unveiled at NAMM '16?

Thank you also for participating in this Q&A - it goes a long way to paint a human face on the company and reassure us that you are taking steps in the right direction. Cheers.

Dear Peter,

thank you for your kind comments and glad the ADA8200 is working well for you.

In terms of the synthesizer, all I can share at this moment is that we are indeed developing synthesizers and we have put our best Midas DSP and embedded engineers on this very exciting project. It is wonderful to see how passionate the team is about building a world-class instrument and the amazing ideas that have made it into this project.

Developing a cutting-edge synthesizer is a personal dream-come-true as I started my musical career building my first UB1 synth 40 years ago. Nothing is more rewarding than going full 360.

Warm regards

Uli

Last edited:

[QUOTE = Uli Behringer; 98132] Caro Peter, obrigado por seus comentários amáveis ​​e feliz que o ADA8200 está trabalhando bem para você. Em termos de sintetizador, tudo o que posso compartilhar, neste momento, é que somos sintetizadores de fato em desenvolvimento e temos colocar nossos melhores engenheiros Midas DSP e incorporados neste projeto muito emocionante. É maravilhoso ver como apaixonado da equipe é sobre a construção de um instrumento de classe mundial e as idéias incríveis que fizeram para este projecto. O desenvolvimento de um sintetizador de ponta é um que eu comecei a vir-verdadeiro sonho meu prédio musical pessoal carreira meu primeiro UB1 synth há 40 anos. Nada é mais gratificante do que ir completos 360. Atenciosamente Uli [/ QUOTE]

Uli hello! Even if you can not tell, we can expect something new at NAMM 2016 some new item of X32 or M32 family?

Hello Uli, my question is might you offer an explanation as to the lack of presence of Music Group products at the most recent winter 2016 NAMM trade show ? Thank you

Hello Uli, my question is might you offer an explanation as to the lack of presence of Music Group products at the most recent winter 2016 NAMM trade show ? Thank you
Just venturing a guess, but they are probably still working on the things they announced in NAMM2014 that still haven't been released. The MOTOR-series keyboard controllers, for example.

They didn't even have the stuff that displayed last year. No x32 series boxes. None of the Turbosound boxes that are supposedly coming out this month.

All they had in their massive floorspace was one Midas x-Pro in one corner and a couple of older Turbosound speakers in the other. It was like their truck got lost or something.

Dear all,

With the consolidation of the MUSIC and TC Group brands, there has been a strong focus on our B2B customers, in particular distributors, dealers, contractors and rental houses, etc. The intense meeting schedules required the expansion of our meeting areas and hence the decision was made to shift the launch of professional products to ISE and InfoComm, venues that are better suited to showcase new products for the Enterprise and Entertainment Division.

We had a record attendance at Namm and I like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for spending valuable time with us and especially our staff for their hard work. Very g
ratifying was also the record amount of 9 product awards we won, 7 of which were voted on by end-users.

The show was a huge success and we’re looking forward to a great 2016.

Last edited:

Dear all,

With the consolidation of the MUSIC and TC Group brands, there has been a strong focus on our B2B customers, in particular distributors, dealers, contractors and rental houses, etc. The intense meeting schedules required the expansion of our meeting areas and hence the decision was made to shift the launch of professional products to ISE and InfoComm, venues that are better suited to showcase new products for the Enterprise and Entertainment Division.

We had a record attendance at Namm and I like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for spending valuable time with us and especially our staff for their hard work. Very g
ratifying was also the record amount of 9 product awards we won, 7 of which were voted on by end-users.

The show was a huge success and we’re looking forward to a great 2016.

Thanks for the explanation.

I will now look forward to seeing what the integration of TC Group and MUSIC group products will look like at ISE and InfoComm. Remember sir, if we expect big things, it is only because you have created a track record that encourages such expectations.

So with that I will sit back and mentally send the suggestion over and over again that we see an M3000 verb algorithm in the X32 series ;)