What the hell is this? Redux

Dave Stevens

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Vegas Beotch
Up and coming RF gurus, what is this? If you are on Fearless Leader's RF Guru email list you are not eligible. ;)

Is it...

A ) an errant mic from an ENG crew

B ) Artifacts from a recently installed distributed cell/radio repeater system (DAS)

C ) Apple Macintosh because Steve Jobs is evil.

D ) Sun spots

E ) Secret Service radio jamming because Joe "Big Fuckin' Deal" Biden was on property.

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Re: What the hell is this? Redux

Henry! :)

A couple more clues. Measured at FOH, music mix position, about 90-100' line of sight to the show antenna array. At the IFR whose antenna is at the antenna array it was measurable and stepping on 3 SK5200 packs. First I wanted to blame the 3 big ass Barcos above the mix. Then any one of the PTZ cams or ass load of Variable Lights (the squints, err I mean electricians hate it when I call them that). When the guilty device was new it did have proper FCC certs. At least that's what the sticker says. Look at the scaling, 30-40dB of spurious emission, horizontal scale is 3 MHz. We called up and down the Strip to our pals and we were the only ones with this issue. The Veep was not in town.

Re: What the hell is this? Redux

Henry! :)

A couple more clues. Measured at FOH, music mix position, about 90-100' line of sight to the show antenna array. At the IFR whose antenna is at the antenna array it was measurable and stepping on 3 SK5200 packs. First I wanted to blame the 3 big ass Barcos above the mix. Then any one of the PTZ cams or ass load of Variable Lights (the squints, err I mean electricians hate it when I call them that). When the guilty device was new it did have proper FCC certs. At least that's what the sticker says. Look at the scaling, 30-40dB of spurious emission, horizontal scale is 3 MHz. We called up and down the Strip to our pals and we were the only ones with this issue. The Veep was not in town.

Clues? You just told me the answer.