Why can I not make new lines in my post?

Josh Millward

Junior
Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, MS
When crafting a post I would prefer to be able to create multiple new lines. You know, paragraphs... However it seems that when I enter the post all line returns are cleared out and my post is entered as a singular large block of text. This makes the whole thing highly unreadable and confusing. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Why can I not make new lines in my post?

you

just

hit

enter

and

it

makes

a

new

line?

ps - Are you editing in another program and pasting? Some programs use different combinations of non-printable characters to denote new lines. I also don't think that HTML works in these posts. Best bet is to type in Notepad (that seems to work) and paste here, or just type here and make sure it saves often.

Last edited:

I suspect some amount of formatting info is scrubbed out to make the display more flexible for smaller screens

I don't have trouble creating paragraphs. Perhaps it's a personal problem related to your browser interface to the forum software.

JR

PS I am confident it is not a MS thing,....:)

you

just

hit

enter

and

it

makes

a

new

line?

ps - Are you editing in another program and pasting? Some programs use different combinations of non-printable characters to denote new lines. I also don't think that HTML works in these posts. Best bet is to type in Notepad (that seems to work) and paste here, or just type here and make sure it saves often.

That is exactly what I was trying to do and all my text was being posted as one big ass brick.

The enter key was not working.

However, I have since enabled Javascript for this website and it appears to be working again.

Ergo, JAVASCRIPT MUST BE ENABLED TO ALLOW NEW LINES.

There we go, that wasn't so hard now, was it. :lol:

Now, hopefully I can go clean up some unreadable posts.

I suspect some amount of formatting info is scrubbed out to make the display more flexible for smaller screens

I don't have trouble creating paragraphs. Perhaps it's a personal problem related to your browser interface to the forum software.

JR

PS I am confident it is not a MS thing,....:)

Yes indeed... Javascript... it must be on.