Wireless routers

Re: Wireless routers

Nope, that only tells you about the network you are connected to - it tells you nothing about what wireless networks around you are using what channels :( .
Yep. You're right. Probably better at getting info for hacking the network you're on, rather than something like Netstumbler finding a network yo hack. Fortunately, I also have an Android tablet.
I heard Apple was going to release some previously unavailable APIs - wonder if they reconsidered the WiFi decision.

Re: Wireless routers

What really frosts my arse is Apple's rejection of apps that allow you to see what channels are in use so you can possibly select an open one. Apple's stance is that such an app is only used for hacking networks so disallowed. There used to be a couple in the app store - you can still load them if you are jailbroken. Otherwise you need to carry a laptop or Android device. Apple sux...
Ron, I feel the same way. Android or other devices have such available resources; it would be nice if iOS did, too.

That being said, Mac OSX has a pretty nifty built-in set of utilities. I use Inssider for both Windows and Mac as a basic spectrum scanner for Wifi.