X32 Application Specific Notes and Problems

Re: X32 thin sound??

Hallo guys,

One of the things a couple of guys say is the following:
when you have a almost full board the x32 will sound thinner than when you only use one or two channels. What's youre experience with that? I would like to know if this is true or just behringer-bashing.

Greetings

This has not been my experience. While I do not have too many gigs on the X32 yet, I have no issues with the sound quality so far. I find the whole premise of this unlikely, and suspect it is a user issue rather than a console issue.

If an operator is unfamiliar with 0dBFS metering, they may be overdriving the board, which will sound choked as more stems gets added together.

I wouldn't expect it to thin out... That sounds more like mishandling of polarity with multiple mics where longer wavelength LF are more likely to cancel. More stems, more opportunity to cancel.

JR

Last edited:
Re: X32 Application Specific Notes and Problems

I'm creating this thread to try and clean up the mass of X32 threads currently in the JV forum. Hopefully it doesn't make them worse... if it does, I promise not to do it again!

Thank you bennett.

i also think some of us with X32's need to just post threads with our specific issues instead of defaulting to the main thread. after all, there isn't any other thread that contains EVERYTHING about one specific console. I for one, will do this in the future...

This has not been my experience. While I do not have too many gigs on the X32 yet, I have no issues with the sound quality so far. I find the whole premise of this unlikely, and suspect it is a user issue rather than a console issue.

+1 I just did my first gig on the X32 and I couldn't be happier, IMO it is a different beast than an analog and requires a different mindset when setting it up and operating it. I had no problems with headroom or gain staging, in fact I had loads of headroom even with some very powerful vocalists and loud snare drums. It does sound different than analog, not better or worse, just different.

Thank you guys for your responses. I'm following the x32 for a long time now end it really sounded like behringer-bashing when I read it on the dutch forum. I think its a great console for this money. I hope to convince the bandmembers next saturday to buy this console.

Hallo guys,

I posted this question in the x32 discussion, but there are so many questions end answers that I think two people read this and answered it.

A lot of you already are werking with the x32. I'm thinking about buying the x32. Next saturday I will test the x32 on our band repetition.

In the Netherlands I'm also following discussions about the x32. One of the things a couple of guys say is the following:
when you have a almost full board the x32 will sound thinner than when you only use one or two channels. What's youre experience with that? I would like to know if this is true or just behringer-bashing.

Greetings

Hi,
I can say that I have not heard from a single user any complaints about how the X32 Mix Bus sounds.
In actuality I have heard the opposite. Many engineers have reported that after switching to an X32, they have gotten better mix results both live and in the studio.

A digital consoles Mix bus is directly related to the internal processing bit rate:
The X32 uses: 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency

Yamaha LS9 = 32 bit
Presonus Studio Live = 32 bit Floating Point

Obviously the sound of a console has much to do with the sound of it's pre amps. The X32 has Midas designed mic preamps that won out in the last blind listening test we performed with a group of independent engineers. The other consoles in the shoot out were a Presonus Studio Live and an LS9.
Thoughts on the Mixer shoot-out and the VUE presentation...

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Last edited:
Re: Dual X32 setup

OK, I'm frustrated....

I want to set the name of the show in the scenes page on the console - I can't find anyway to get to that field, and the manuals don't seem to mention it.

Also, setting/editing the name of the show via X-control does not work - the name is not sent to the console (Yes, I HAVE selected the correct CONSOLE scene set in X-control).

The only way to do it seems to be to export the show to a USB stick (which you have to do from the console as those utility options are not avaiable in XControl!)

FW V1.09. XC V0.70

Last edited: