Yamaha Rivage PM10

Re: Yamaha Rivage PM10

Incompatible with what?
Mini-YDGAI cards, Dante, RIO...

It's impossible to know this far in advance of having actual product in the field, but the DSP does have Dante slots as well as MY card slots, The I/O rack does as well. We may not know till next summer what the real feature set is, but it seems like it is not out of the realm of possibilities that there will be some level of support for Dante, Rio I/O, and Mini YDGAI cards.

I have seen no mention in the preliminary literature of Dugan automixing, so on that basis alone I hope the Dugan card is supported.

It's impossible to know this far in advance of having actual product in the field, but the DSP does have Dante slots as well as MY card slots, The I/O rack does as well. We may not know till next summer what the real feature set is, but it seems like it is not out of the realm of possibilities that there will be some level of support for Dante, Rio I/O, and Mini YDGAI cards.

I have seen no mention in the preliminary literature of Dugan automixing, so on that basis alone I hope the Dugan card is supported.

Mac, if you were to take a WAG, why would Yamaha NOT include Dugan Automixing on their flagship desk? I've got a few WAGs of my own but I'm curious as to what yours would be....

I talked to my Yamaha rep today. He said that he still wasn't clear on the interoperability of Dante and TWINLan, but that they had to move to the new network in order to support the channel counts that they wanted. He said that TWINLan will run all 400 channels at 96k.

Oh yeah...he also said that the preliminary pricing that they have been given is about $200,000 for the 96 channel version. He didn't expect to see any demo units before Q2 2015 and that it would be fall before they were available for sale in the U.S.

The other reason for TWINLan from what I heard was the low latency which is lower than you can do with Dante.