01V96 wirless connection

Re: 01V96 wirless connection

MTU size??

I couldn't tell you.

For all the reasons mentioned above I have given up on using a USB to wireless interface on the Host side and am just running a dedicated computer. I use a netbook I have around (Samsung NC10) but I'd assume any of the small 200ish dollar guys will do the job.

So SM is up and running on the Host PC connected directly to the O1V via USB. How are you controlling the Host PC from the Remote PC? Are you using remote desktop or something similar to control it? Are you using a wireless router to connect the Host
PC to the Remote PC, or do you have some sort of wireless peer to peer network to link the the Host and Remote PC wirelessly without a stand alone WAP or wireless router?

thx
Bill

I updated my SOF software with some functionality that may help those of you trying to control your USB console from SM wirelessly. Anyone interested in beta-testing this, please follow this link. I'd really like to know if this makes using these USB device servers that are in the newer routers work better.

I know I'm really late to this party and I know this inquiry will be of no help whatsoever to the topic at at hand, but I gotta ask...

Or maybe not ask, but comment...I've been using, at first, a PC, then later, a MacBook Pro for remote mixing, as it were, duties. I work with an O1V96, an M7, a PM5D, and lately, a Presonus SL24 (A different animal, to be sure, but it adds to the experience list). Of course, this discussion leaves out the M7 and the Presonus as they are networked, but with the O1V96 and the PM5D, it never occurred to me to approach it any other way than the host computer connected via USB and running StudioManager, then Remote Desktop with again, at a first, a Lenovo tablet and later, an iPad and PocketCloud, a VNC app. It has been 99% bulletproof. Very seldom ever a connection issue, initiating or dropping. An even more so with the addition of a Netgear WDNR (?) 3700 router.

Is there some advantage to doing this in the manners I've seen described here (other than the expense of a MacBook Pro 17" w/ 16gigs of RAM and an iPad 2, which I certainly understand, LOL)? It seems like a lot of grief is being had in some cases. I'm just asking to understand and maybe learn. Not grenade-lobbing at all....

Geri O

Hi Geri,

When working on the 01V96 and DM1000 I usually have a wired connection; ICRON CAT5 or fiber-optic USB extenders.

Every once in a while it would be very nice to have a wireless connection, and
rather than carrying a second computer to sit next to the mixer, a simple USB/router setup would be sweet.
I'm guessing this is what others are looking for as well.

I just ordered a fast, Intel N-rated 6300 wireless card for my Thinkpad X61S, and am looking at USB N-rated routers.

Anybody have updates on a router that will work well?

Thanks and good health, Weogo

I've been using a Belkin "Share" ( Note the Share ) N300 router for some time now with no problems and great range.
Plug in straight into the 01v96 and go.

Turn on order for me.
Power on the Belkin.
Power up the Laptop. Open the Belkin in the laptop.
Power up the 01v96. The Belkin finds it and it shows up in the laptop.
Open Studio Manager and sync.

Power down in any order.

Douglas R. Allen

I've been using a Belkin "Share" ( Note the Share ) N300 router for some time now with no problems and great range.
Plug in straight into the 01v96 and go.

Turn on order for me.
Power on the Belkin.
Power up the Laptop. Open the Belkin in the laptop.
Power up the 01v96. The Belkin finds it and it shows up in the laptop.
Open Studio Manager and sync.

Power down in any order.

Douglas R. Allen

I was using a Belkin "play" n300 and it never worked like that. Then it up and died after about 6 months of life in a rack.

I'm using a mac mini now and a Linksys/cisco router. Works like a charm and is very stable.

Although I mix mostly with my M32R now I still go out time to time with my 01v96. I've found AirFader to be the best program to run for wireless control of it. https://www.airfader.com/ It requires a laptop connected to the O1v96 but after that you can use Android or Ipad's for the room. If you want full metering you'll need a current laptop but if you just want to do eq,mixing monitors/mains a very old laptop will do. I took mine out for the first time in maybe 8 months last weekend and it still worked great. You can have multiple tablets going and limit the functions of those to keep hands out of where they don't belong. Nice product!

Douglas R. Allen

Attachments

• Air Fader.jpg
    Air Fader.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16