Another Stupid Deal

Re: Another Stupid Deal

I have no experience with these Drum Mics but it seems like a decent deal for a starter pack:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?_requestid=21320

Has anyone ever used any of these??

Ever since that other one was posted, I find myself checking it often.

Pat

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone screwed up again. This Mic kit was listed at the same price a couple of weeks ago. I bought two of the PL DK 7 Mic kits at $179.00...then, they immediately changed the price to over $450.

Since then, I've had the chance to use the PR 35 Mics on a horn section. Sounded pretty good to me.

Hammer

Last edited:

Hello,

I purchased one of the Stupid Deals of the Day, Mic kits just now. They have been sold out of stock, but they're still taking orders. (shipping late September) If you think you'll need some of these Mics in the future (even for back-up Mics), I'd suggest that you order them asap. It appears that they've deleted this line of Mic kits from their Website and will not be offering them in the future. The $129 was a clearance price...

Cheers,
Hammer

Well, another club I do walk-ins at had been using Beta 56's on stands for the drums.

So, I purchased one of these to keep the clutter down on stage. He had been renting the 56's.

He seemed pretty enthused to have his own mic kit coming. No more renting.

Pat

edit: glad I got the order in before they sold completely out!

Last edited:

I just bought a kit. At $26 a mic, I feel like it's worth it even as a back-up. Hopefully it will ship when it says - which was the beginning of October. How is MF making any money on these deals?

I have 6 of the PL80A handhelds and really like them. I picked them up on one of the stupid deals last year for $50 each.

I just bought a kit. At $26 a mic, I feel like it's worth it even as a back-up. Hopefully it will ship when it says - which was the beginning of October. How is MF making any money on these deals?

I have 6 of the PL80A handhelds and really like them. I picked them up on one of the stupid deals last year for $50 each.

Hey Bob,

MF is probably making something, but, it appears that since I couldn't find these Mic kits listed on the website anymore, that, not only will they probably not be carrying them anymore, but, that maybe...EV plans to stop making them... ??? Just Speculating....

The last two kits I purchased came with a cool, soft sided, zippered carry case. I pulled the foam insert out. It'll make a nice small bag for over-night travel.

Cheers,
Hammer

Hammer

Damn that's a good deal - unfortunately MF have excluded it from the international shipping list <sob>
Anyone out there willing to play "pass the parcel" for me and onship (all expenses refunded via paypal)
Cheers
M

Any time, Mike. If you don't still have my address from the last time, it's on my website.

Hello Mike,

I spoke to Bennett he hadn't heard from you...so.... I ordered one of the Mic sets for you....that is, if you want it. If you decide you don't want it or need it...no problem... If you do, let us know and as soon as it arrives, I'll ship it (or Bennett will ship it) to you.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Hammer

Hello Mike,

I spoke to Bennett he hadn't heard from you...so.... I ordered one of the Mic sets for you....that is, if you want it. If you decide you don't want it or need it...no problem... If you do, let us know and as soon as it arrives, I'll ship it (or Bennett will ship it) to you.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Hammer

What a great place - thanks Charlie & Bennett.
That is a definite yes please, Charlie.
I have an uncontrollable urge to try out new/wierd/cheap mics
Cheers
M

The deal is back today but for $99 with one less tom mic :) . I bought one of the previous sets also so this will give me 7 tom/snare mics and 2 kick mics. All of my vocal mics are EV and this will be an upgrade to my present **** drum mics.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

So how long until the G.A.S.A. group starts up? Gear Acquisition Syndrome Anonymous. I resisted the past postings of this drum pack, but I couldn't this time. At least I'll have better drum mics now.

So how long until the G.A.S.A. group starts up? Gear Acquisition Syndrome Anonymous. I resisted the past postings of this drum pack, but I couldn't this time. At least I'll have better drum mics now.
Yah, my **** brand drum mics work and sound just fine but at these prices it was too hard to resist the "upgrade" LOL .

So, is the official answer to the old 'best drum mic' thread going to be changed now to (whatever cheap crap musicians friend is blowing out at the moment)?

Pages upon pages have been written on these forums about which exact mic is preferred for each drum related task, and it's all chucked out the window when a deal comes along... Haha.

Ordered the 4 microphone set for $99. Sent me an email stating it was shipped with tracking no. Looks like I have something for 3 toms and floor on the cheep. :)

Douglas R. Allen