Apple Airport Express + DSP

Jan 11, 2011
Buffalo NY
Does anyone use an Apple Airport Express ( the small one with only one Ethernet port) to connect to their Loudspeaker DSP? I am specifically trying to connect to UX8800's. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Re: Apple Airport Express + DSP

Hmmm, I've done it wirelessly using a generic Netgear wifi router. I do remember is was a PITA to get it going, due to outdated firmware on the UX8800, and maybe the ethernet address was not set correctly. I recommend establishing a connection using a hardwire ethernet connection and make sure that works first, before going wireless. I now have a Airport Express to hook up to Biamp Audias and Symetrix Symnets without a single problem, but haven't tried it on a UX8800 yet.

I connect to UX's all the time, almost every day. I am trying to get the airport express to work with me. I can use any generic router wireless or otherwise, but when I attempt to use airport express I cannot connect.

Does anyone use an Apple Airport Express ( the small one with only one Ethernet port) to connect to their Loudspeaker DSP? I am specifically trying to connect to UX8800's. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

I have one in an install with a Driverack 4800. Controlled on a Mac running Parallels. What issues are you having?

I connect to UX's all the time, almost every day. I am trying to get the airport express to work with me. I can use any generic router wireless or otherwise, but when I attempt to use airport express I cannot connect.

Are you trying to connect to the ethernet port on the A/E? That won't work as that's not a routed port. It's a port for connection to a WAN device or existing network for the wireless router. You would need an Airport Extreme to get hardwired ethernet routing capability.

Greg

The issue is I cannot connect to the UX with EAW's control software Pilot. If I use my belkin router, it works right away. My computer connects to the airport, but the Pilot software will not connect to the UX.

The issue is I cannot connect to the UX with EAW's control software Pilot. If I use my belkin router, it works right away. My computer connects to the airport, but the Pilot software will not connect to the UX.
As others have stated, the Airport Express cannot operate as a bridge in the manner that you are wanting it to behave.

As others have stated, the Airport Express cannot operate as a bridge in the manner that you are wanting it to behave.
I do it all the time, connecting my Airport Express directly to, or via a cheapie Ethernet switch, all kinds of DSP processors including Biamp Audias, Nexias, Symnet, Symetrix Jupiter, Clearone, Soundweb to name a few.

I'm trying not to use a switch with the airport. There is a courtesy outlet on the front of each of our amp racks, I thought the airport would be a nice neat way to connect to the dsp, instead of the normal bulky router and wall wart power supply.

If I only have one DSP I hook up a CAT5 cable directly between AE and the DSP. If I have several DSP's, then I use a portable switch that I carry in my kit. What I'm wondering is if you need a crossover cable to do what you require? I carry both types of cables with me just in case! From the UX8800 manual: "an Ethernet crossover cable is REQUIRED when directly connecting the UX8800 to a computer’s NIC."