Behringer iNUKE NU6000 amplifier

Re: Behringer iNUKE NU6000 amplifier

how did you find the ep4000?does it have close to the amount of power the inuke has,might get one soon,cause this inuke is a let down

Dear Albert,

If you read our previous message, we state that the failure does NOT seem to be the main board, hence it is not a defective diode. You bought the amplifier in the US and without having the actual unit here in our Care center, we are not able to diagnose what the problem is. Do you have a local service center that we could communicate with?

Again this is very unfortunate and we apologize that we cannot assist.

sadly no,its difficult to get anyone to work on this especially the nature of the problem,if it was a class A, AB etc power amplifier yea, but class d kind of a different story,as am writing this,i got the amplifier listening to music and it has shut down twice in about 45 min,so i can imagine bring this to a local tech,most likely his going to tell me its working

I just bought a NU6000DSP. I have it all setup and when I have the power triggered through a smart strip, I am getting a loud turn-off pop/thump on channel B only. Even with the input cables unplugged, channel B pops. If I use the power button I don't seem to have this problem.

I'm curious if anyone else has a channel B power-off pop/thump when unplugging. Perhaps mine is defective? (Unplugging is no different that using a smart strip or power sequencer).

I do not want to have to turn this on/off manually every time I use my system. Suggestions?

sadly no,its difficult to get anyone to work on this especially the nature of the problem,if it was a class A, AB etc power amplifier yea, but class d kind of a different story,as am writing this,i got the amplifier listening to music and it has shut down twice in about 45 min,so i can imagine bring this to a local tech,most likely his going to tell me its working

Have you confirmed that you have good mains power. Analog power amps are generally more tolerant of questionable mains power. Class D amps will generally turn themselves off before they do something stupid like try to zig and zag at same time and self destruct due to low voltage or whatever.

If you have poor access to high tech service perhaps stick to old school low tech amps that work and you can get fixed.

Good luck

JR

as am writing this,i got the amplifier listening to music and it has shut down twice in about 45 min,so i can imagine bring this to a local tech,most likely his going to tell me its working

Well not if you tell that it happens only once in 45 minutes...
If you assume it happens only at your place, I would investigate if other problems could make it happen.

Have you confirmed that you have good mains power. Analog power amps are generally more tolerant of questionable mains power. Class D amps will generally turn themselves off before they do something stupid like try to zig and zag at same time and self destruct due to low voltage or whatever.

If you have poor access to high tech service perhaps stick to old school low tech amps that work and you can get fixed.

Good luck

JR

A previous post has info regarding power in re failure occurrence. From post#400:

"Yeah, as I mentioned when I sent mine back to the repair center I posted that the care center said, "we have found absolutely nothing wrong with this amp but have replace the diodes as a precaution". Can you please come to the center and see for yourself but the location wasn't my country! So some other guys in the chat room are like yeah well the Tokyo power grid is bad and the amp is only good for +/- maybe 9V drops or surges, anything over and it will reset. I'm not quoting the actual voltage because I can' remember but I took it to the data center where I work and ran it on perfectly clean power that's monitored and of course same problem, every few minutes it would reset with no load on it what so ever, just sitting there doing nothing. That was it. I started going off in the room at Behringer SUP. Like, "we have scheduled gigs we have to drop because this piece of %$#"%$#" is just a piece of &%#&". Behringer SUP picked up on the string and I had a new EP4000 at my door even before I sent the inuke 6000 back which at the time I though was really really nice of them and we made our gig schedules. The thing that got me in the end was in the chat room Behringer SUP added the post," We have kindly replaced David's inuke with the EP4000 but he is really not trustworthy as promised and and has not sent the inuke6 back to us!!!!! I had already sent it back to the JP distributor 2 days before the date of that SUP post!!!!!!! It's also a minor thing but the EP4000 is cheaper than the Inuke6 and would assume I would either be refunded or have that extra credit at the distributor for my next purchase but that didn't happen either. So in the end I was lied to, lied about and ripped off."

Yes but from a Japanese customer, not in the Caribbean like I responded to.

I am speaking in general terms and expect better power in japan than Central America.

Of course this is just speculation based on my perhaps dated experience with digital amplifier design/product management.

JR

While I'm sympathetic regarding the failure of Albert's amp, I can't fault Behringer's support. The end buyer/user deliberately circumvented the distribution/retail chain with a DIY importation and gave up his local warranty support in that process.

my mains are ok,have tested them,and they are ok,beside,got another inuke nu6000 and an epq2000 on that same main with no problem,is just this one amplifier thats been the problem,the epq2000 has about 3 years and the other inuke got about 3 moths(fingers cross),and its hard to get the older amps because of their weight,to ship this things is alot,and am not blaming behringer,they tried to help so i guess there is nothing more i can do,win some lose some

The EP 4000 was also at the distributors, I asked if I could swap it for the Inuke. The EP 4000 is 550 per channel at 8 ohms, 950 per channel at 4 ohms and 1250 per channel at 2 ohms. Think it's just the old EP2500 with a new name but dunno. Yeah it works fine, no issue with it. Not as powerful as the Inuke 6000 but it's dependable. The EP 4000 Has dip switches in the rear for low cut at 50 and 30, bridging, clip limiting, stereo, parallel, etc. It's running 2 x VP 2520's at 4ohms rated 500W RMS 2000W peak and it gets the job done that's about it. One of the woofers blew in the 2520's first 2 weeks or so out of the box so I sent it back but they wouldn't repair it due to misuse. Bought the replacement speaker for it and no prob's since. Keep the low cut at 50, everything up stream is set, -4db or -10db and keep the line levels away from going into the reds. Not sure if I need a new board or what but at times the EP 4000 seems to not separate well. For example the vocals make the guitar drop out kinda thing so I have set the compression limiter knee to full set where the line looks like a guy sitting down, set the limiter to control volume to a dedicated RMS and its OK at lower volumes. There's a couple of other hints I picked up back in the inuke days, the distributor recommended me replacing the nuke instead of repairing it, I said no because if I get another one and its from the same batch it may do the same thing so just fix it and make sure it works and I'm good. The distributor didn't really comment on this but had it sent back to the care center.
That was one hint I think which may have meant, if it doesn't work out of the box it probably wont fix correctly. Just an opinion. The other hint was from a sound crew that I was working with at an end of year party that had a couple Inukes in their racks just as hot spares. I explained my problem and they basically confirmed the same. They have had the same trouble(s). About 1-2 out of 10 units. They had them repaired with various results but never good enough so they started sending them back for full replacements and that gave then the results they needed.

would running the inuke nu6000 rated for 110v 60hz on a 110 50hz main cause damage to the amplifier as time passes by?
our mains are 220 50hz,we are using a step down transformer for all our 110 devices.

would running the inuke nu6000 rated for 110v 60hz on a 110 50hz main cause damage to the amplifier as time passes by?
our mains are 220 50hz,we are using a step down transformer for all our 110 devices.

Albert - For all the time you have spent here trying to chase a ghost you could have driven the amp to the CARE center and back. Ship the dang thing or recycle it.

Hello everyone, possibly a Behringer rep might see this maybe. We have this INUKE 6000 that is giving us a problem. For awhile it would trip from orange to red (the ring around the level controls) and back very intermittently but then it changed to now when you turn it on it is red for a few seconds then you hear the relay and fans and it turns to orange for just a second or two then back to red (hear relay and fans go off) for the rest of the time it is on. Subsequent on/off switch tries are the same result. Not suspecting a line voltage problem, measures 119v 60hz AC. Brought it home and does the same thing at 120v 60hz AC with no connections to it at all (no inputs or speakers connected). I haven't hooked up a logging voltmeter knowing it is unnecessary. It was connected to 8 ohm speaker loads and used in a low volume club/restaurant. The date code on it is 1112 so it is in warranty but we can't get a copy of the purchase receipt because the dealer where we bought it went out of business (actually he died) so we can't send it back. So the question is can i get someone to email me the service manual/schematics to this thing so i can fix it and where are the parts outlets?

Last edited:

Hello everyone, possibly a Behringer rep might see this maybe. We have this INUKE 6000 that is giving us a problem. For awhile it would trip from orange to red (the ring around the level controls) and back very intermittently but then it changed to now when you turn it on it is red for a few seconds then you hear the relay and fans and it turns to orange for just a second or two then back to red (hear relay and fans go off) for the rest of the time it is on. Subsequent on/off switch tries are the same result. Not suspecting a line voltage problem, measures 119v 60hz AC. Brought it home and does the same thing at 120v 60hz AC with no connections to it at all (no inputs or speakers connected). I haven't hooked up a logging voltmeter knowing it is unnecessary. It was connected to 8 ohm speaker loads and used in a low volume club/restaurant. The date code on it is 1112 so it is in warranty but we can't get a copy of the purchase receipt because the dealer where we bought it went out of business (actually he died) so we can't send it back. So the question is can i get someone to email me the service manual/schematics to this thing so i can fix it and where are the parts outlets?

Check with Behringer's CARE dept (their phone number is in several of the posts in this thread). If the amp warranty was registered with B there's a good chance they'll cover it. If not they will still diagnose & repair it for a fee. Call them up.

Hello

Do not expect to get the schematics - I approached them to verify four inside voltages inside Ultradrive PRO DCX2496 - I had measured the +/-15V and +5V and fourth, that was around 3V - I suspected PSU-issues, since the unit had been in repair twice and after some 8 months started acting up the same way again. After that it was out of warranty... I had it opened with voltmeters connected on low-voltage lines to see what happens when things go wrong. They refused to verify those voltages - +/- 15V and +5V are obvious - the fourth could be basically anything. Finally I ended pulling stuff apart and connecting again - now the unit has worked fine for many weeks. I suspect a flimsy connector between PSU and mainboard...

I suppose reason for not giving slightest of information lies in american-based silly lawsuits, where the company producing unit is held responsible for damage to customer, if they have given even a hint of how to operate inside covers. Just remember the woman who cooked her legs and blamed hamburger joint for it - if I recall it correctly - THEY DID NOT pour the coffee over her, but she spilled the mug herself.... Quick google reveals, that to make good coffee it has to be that hot... In her car there was no place to put the mug so she held it between her legs - many of us do it - many of us do other silly and even more dangerous things - but do we sue : "Someone has to pay for me being stupid!"

SO - after all this babbling - if you wish to check it your self - simply open it AT YOUR OWN RISK - check for bad connections on pc-boards and check the capacitors . If you fry your fingers - do not blame me - I repeat - DO NOT OPEN THE UNIT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

p.s. this same policy goes with any modern company - not only Music Group.

p.s. 2 before you open the unit - do as Tim advised - you might get lucky.

I didn't realize they were so stingy about their service manuals, you would think they would want to flood the market with their products. I haven't opened it yet but I have been a electronic repair bench tech for 40 some years so i'm not afraid of cracking the case and diving in but admittedly, i have no experience with the IRS20957S. Fixed dozens of QSCs and Crowns, etc but no Behringers. I would rather they just fix it so I don't have to mess with it but it seems they won't.

Hello

I suppose reason for not giving slightest of information lies in american-based silly lawsuits, where the company producing unit is held responsible for damage to customer, if they have given even a hint of how to operate inside covers. Just remember the woman who cooked her legs and blamed hamburger joint for it - if I recall it correctly - THEY DID NOT pour the coffee over her, but she spilled the mug herself.... Quick google reveals, that to make good coffee it has to be that hot... In her car there was no place to put the mug so she held it between her legs - many of us do it - many of us do other silly and even more dangerous things - but do we sue : "Someone has to pay for me being stupid!"

No. This misquoted story has to be a trope by now.
The lawsuit was won because the coffee was maintained at a hotter temperature than is normally served. So that in the case of a spill, the resulting burns were more serious than a reasonable person would expect.

Dear Dennis,

Please do contact our CARE team at [email protected] or by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK) in regard to your amp issue. It's true that CARE has a policy against releasing schematic information, but not other types of documents as far as I'm aware. Either way, they will be able to advise you on the next step. Thanks, and I hope you get a fast resolution!