Behringer WING console

Why did you change EQ encoders from X32 style with seperate gain, freq and width to four of the same function? I'm in love with previews of the Wing, but this thing makes me puke.

Last edited:
Why did you change EQ encoders from X32 style with seperate gain, freq and width to four of the same function? I'm in love with previews of the Wing, but this thing makes me puke.

I'm not working for Behringer, I just do Betatesting...so I don't know. But I can tell you there are three different ways to operate the WING EQ. One of them works like on the X32/M32. You choose the band and dail in freq, width and gain with three dedicated Encoders. For me a combination between Touchscreen and Encoders work best. Right of the Touchscreen you find a kind of channel strip that allows a different operation of the channel functions (f.e. EQ). You can use both simulaniously with two hands or two technicians at the time:)

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm back:)
If you have any questions about the new WING console, I might be able to answer them.
Christian

Wow, you posting that brought back memories of the old X32 thread, which became an absolute monster (IIRC the biggest thread of all time here, by a long shot). Hard to believe that was so long ago.

The WING doesn't feel as revolutionary as the X32 did back then, but still, very impressed by this update.

A couple questions:

- do you know if it supports more than 8 channels in DAW controller mode?

- is 96K on the future roadmap (marketing says 48)? I understand this is an AES50 limitation (cuts channel count in half), but do you think they will ever do a workaround to support it (most relevant for DAW users who need to open 96K sessions, not live so much).

- what's the deal with the different arm rests? Are they swappable add-ons?

- Have you tried the new StageConnect stuff yet? Any limitations of that to be aware of? 32 channels over one XLR cable sounds fantastic for personal monitoring.

Last edited:
Wow, you posting that brought back memories of the old X32 thread, which became an absolute monster (IIRC the biggest thread of all time here, by a long shot). Hard to believe that was so long ago.

The WING doesn't feel as revolutionary as the X32 did back then, but still, very impressed by this update.

A couple questions:

- do you know if it supports more than 8 channels in DAW controller mode?

- is 96K on the future roadmap (marketing says 48)? I understand this is an AES50 limitation (cuts channel count in half), but do you think they will ever do a workaround to support it (most relevant for DAW users who need to open 96K sessions, not live so much).

- what's the deal with the different arm rests? Are they swappable add-ons?

- Have you tried the new StageConnect stuff yet? Any limitations of that to be aware of? 32 channels over one XLR cable sounds fantastic for personal monitoring.

Hey Jeff,
Yes, that was fun back than. Let's see, what we can do here with the Wing.

Some features are not implemented yet, firmware right now is 0.183... so there is some work to do. DAW remote will come, but it is not working right now. Wing is fix 44.1/48kHz period. But with the new Midas Hub it can work with 96kHz gear, but the console itself is limited to 48kHz. By now there is no StageConnet hardware, but this stuff is really a game changer. It will eliminate the analog subsnakes f.e.. By now the Midas Hub is the only way to get the StageConnect signal over long distance to the Foh, but you can tell that there will new stageboxes comming, with StageConnect on board. Right now I use S16 and DL32. Further down the road, there should a integration even for the bigger Midas stageboxen like the DL251.
In general, the Wing is really powerful and has tons of little features, that you won't find in such a pricerange.
Christian

PS: yes, the armrest is swappable

Can you tell more about pre fader extra eq. The only info I found about it is in german and I dont really speak german good enough to underatand all the details. Is it right that its the second eq in the channel strip that affects only aux sends?

Can you tell more about pre fader extra eq. The only info I found about it is in german and I dont really speak german good enough to underatand all the details. Is it right that its the second eq in the channel strip that affects only aux sends?

Correct. There is a separate three band, fully parametric EQ for each Mixbus. Preferably for monitors.

Some details. Note there is also a Band Solo for this EQ (it is in the Channel EQ as well). This one solos a selected frequenzy band in your headphones. Really great for finding trouble frequenzies whitout the need to sweep the EQ during the show. There are tons of this small little goodies on the console...like Tilt EQ, Allpass Filters, BBE Maximizer in the preamp section and so on.

Attachments

• E4577B0A-9CD1-4D52-B17D-1B0F43B23E80.jpeg
    E4577B0A-9CD1-4D52-B17D-1B0F43B23E80.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 2C7C7EE6-C945-49AB-B7A9-3F2F9200DBC9.jpeg
    2C7C7EE6-C945-49AB-B7A9-3F2F9200DBC9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 21F28536-A9A3-4881-B01A-27FEDC1CB4A5.jpeg
    21F28536-A9A3-4881-B01A-27FEDC1CB4A5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
Last edited: