Behringer X32 - things to check when you get it

Re: Behringer X32 - things to check when you get it

[email protected] we have some gigs coming up that we will hire a pa and send the retailer the bill. I read above what your fearless leader says on quality, but every desks should be checked before it leaves your factory to save this sort of drama.

Just heard from retailer I purchased the x32 desk from he tells me I should have tested the desk before we used it, funny that I thought that is what the factory does, seems having any believe these x32 will actually work is not reasonable thing to do.

Just heard from retailer I purchased the x32 desk from he tells me I should have tested the desk before we used it, funny that I thought that is what the factory does, seems having any believe these x32 will actually work is not reasonable thing to do.

A prudent purchaser of a mission-critical piece of equipment would do well to test it before the mission. We've found mis-wired cables, DOA amplifiers, half-functional mixers (and not Behrry/Mackies) and loudspeakers with loose transducers.

Sorry to hear you're so angry with Behringer. Return the mixer to the place of purchase for a refund and purchase something else.

Hey Dieter,
Our band leader just bought an x32 (and associated stage boxes, IE monitors etc) and exactly the same - out of the box, power on, no fan, no boot, just LED buttons around the screen.
How did this work out for you - did you get any insight into the problem or was it simply replaced DOA?
Cheers..

I packed it up the next day, contacted the dealer, got an RMA and sent it back. They sent me a new one the following week. No problems since.

... Dieter ...

Well Ive had some PMs from Behringer management telling me how good the factory QA and QC is and this problem must be a transportation issue, nothing better than a long distance assessment of gear still sitting in my studio. The local agent hasn't contacted me as the retailer isn't interested in supporting my cause as he is pretty worn out, as he thought all these problems had gone away as he only had new stock on hand, it was the older ones that had all the issues. The things you find out after you buy. Having some concerns in remaining gear as yet untested- 2x PM16 and 2 x P16D, maybe I should send these back to be tested with the desk.

Dear Kevin,

I sent you an email, please send me more info in regards to the retailer. I will help get this solved.