Dead Midas Pro2c....

Re: Dead Midas Pro2c....

Hi Scott, Just now read your post, I am having that same problem was it ever fixed?

Hi,

Since then I have still not received another demo console. Im told theres one on the way to me now, so we will see in a few days. I have been dealing directly with Midas. The reps I was dealing with where not worth shit.... Im thinking they must make no commission on selling Midas. I was prepared to buy a pair of Pro2's and a Pro 1 before all that bad stuff happened with the demo console I had. If I was a rep with a person wanting to buy like that I would make damn sure they they had another demo in their hands to make things right. Im also not sure why Midas would want to have Reps like that selling their products?? Never mind their support not being there they didn't know a thing about what they where trying to sell....

Id like to know what problems you are having, before I make my choice....

Hi,

Since then I have still not received another demo console. Im told theres one on the way to me now, so we will see in a few days. I have been dealing directly with Midas. The reps I was dealing with where not worth shit.... Im thinking they must make no commission on selling Midas. I was prepared to buy a pair of Pro2's and a Pro 1 before all that bad stuff happened with the demo console I had. If I was a rep with a person wanting to buy like that I would make damn sure they they had another demo in their hands to make things right. Im also not sure why Midas would want to have Reps like that selling their products?? Never mind their support not being there they didn't know a thing about what they where trying to sell....

Id like to know what problems you are having, before I make my choice....

I see Mr. Farriday has responded to Mr. Stephens, but you have yet to receive a public response to your situation. If you do not receive an adequate response in a timely manner, take your money and purchase VENUE or DiGiCo or Yamaha and wash your hands of the regional Midas reps. Nothing speaks louder than cash.

Scott, Re-check the time line. 2/4/13 you were told "no problem/thats easy" to get another demo. 4/30/13 demo arrived. 2 1/2 months later?
Avid= I had a noisy input issue(minor), replaced ALL input cards, parts arrive NEXT DAY FEDEX! Console was out of warrantee still NO CHARGE!

Technically???

Believe????
Yes makes absolutely no sense:)~:)~:smile: What I meant to say is that the Midas PRO series is (from what I've heard) made in the same factory by the same people. and while they will not say behringer on them the machine that made the behringer board for something else (i.e. the x32) probably made the midas PCB

Anecdotal reports of single unit failures are just that.

Where the boards were fabricated and assembled is unlikely to have anything to do with it.

The fact that the unit has a separate reset for the control electronics, suggests that it needs a reset for the control electronics, draw your own conclusion from that.

If Evan could only kill one Pro 6 they are probably pretty robust.

Of course you never want to get a flat tire on the new car test drive.

JR

John, I was just having fun with the Midas moonies. Not actually trying to link reliability with the parent company. The Midas moonies are the same folks that would scoff at the idea of using a yamaha desk and to suggest they use a behringer was grounds for starting a feud that would last for generations, just a few years ago. ;) OTOH, Behringer has a well deserved reputation based on my personal experience. TO be fair my favorite desks have ATI, EX, and XL as part of their names.

Anecdotal reports of single unit failures are just that.

Where the boards were fabricated and assembled is unlikely to have anything to do with it.

The fact that the unit has a separate reset for the control electronics, suggests that it needs a reset for the control electronics, draw your own conclusion from that.

If Evan could only kill one Pro 6 they are probably pretty robust.

Of course you never want to get a flat tire on the new car test drive.

JR

John, I was just having fun with the Midas moonies. Not actually trying to link reliability with the parent company. The Midas moonies are the same folks that would scoff at the idea of using a yamaha desk and to suggest they use a behringer was grounds for starting a feud that would last for generations, just a few years ago. ;) OTOH, Behringer has a well deserved reputation based on my personal experience. TO be fair my favorite desks have ATI, EX, and XL as part of their names.

I'd own a Paragon only if I had Rex Ray on the road with it. Delightful console that hated truck and bus touring.

Richard,
It seems like you are a get it done kind of guy so I to have a Pro2c that is not operating properly.Frank and Steve have been great and they have both used terms like faulty DSP,bad mother boards,firmware upgrades and corrupt show files.We have wore franks line out for almost a year now.We purchased a Pro2c And a Pro1 to do live shows and rental dates.We upgraded from LS-9 consoles.I have emailed my rep,the Dealer we purchased from and no-one will even reply.Simple fact is the Pro2c is crashing,wont start up.Then when it does it has blown 2 sets of in ear systems when out of the blue all inputs and outputs go to max and mutes wont stop it.Had to shut down and start ripping cables after we almost got shot by the band!!! Not Cool!!!
Honestly with what has happened I am regretting purchasing the consoles.Say what you you will but I drove the piss out of yamaha LS-9s and they never crashed… I would love to talk with someone further about this instead of resorting to a blog but you guys seem to pay more attention to this blog than making sure the reps are taking care of the dealers and end users.Sorry to be so blunt,but I simply want what I payed for…A high end reliable digital console.Thanks

Richard,
It seems like you are a get it done kind of guy so I to have a Pro2c that is not operating properly.Frank and Steve have been great and they have both used terms like faulty DSP,bad mother boards,firmware upgrades and corrupt show files.We have wore franks line out for almost a year now.We purchased a Pro2c And a Pro1 to do live shows and rental dates.We upgraded from LS-9 consoles.I have emailed my rep,the Dealer we purchased from and no-one will even reply.Simple fact is the Pro2c is crashing,wont start up.Then when it does it has blown 2 sets of in ear systems when out of the blue all inputs and outputs go to max and mutes wont stop it.Had to shut down and start ripping cables after we almost got shot by the band!!! Not Cool!!!
Honestly with what has happened I am regretting purchasing the consoles.Say what you you will but I drove the piss out of yamaha LS-9s and they never crashed… I would love to talk with someone further about this instead of resorting to a blog but you guys seem to pay more attention to this blog than making sure the reps are taking care of the dealers and end users.Sorry to be so blunt,but I simply want what I payed for…A high end reliable digital console.Thanks

Don't think this will get you anywhere!

James Godbehear/Richard Ferriday: Cadac

Just saying

Dear David
I will contact Frank and Steve to get more details on the issues you have been experiencing with this console and find out what is being done to resolve them. I am sorry you have had this experience and I am sure we will be able to resolve this and restore your confidence in the console. Please feel free to contact me through the site or email me directly at [email protected].
BRANT Karl
Manager, Care
MUSIC Group Research UK Limited
Tel: +44 1562 741515 ext 4450
Email: [email protected]

We have had our SC48 completely stripped down to the frame doing the mod for the remote stage box/digital snake. The mechanical build quality of the Avid is outstanding.

A concur with your assessment. No issue with mine at all either and after digging around inside, it seems pretty well put together. For reference, it's made in China. That sums up pretty much what JR mentioned. It doesn't really matter where it's made these days. Either it's done well or it isn't.

Hmmm. I have two Avids and two Midas PRO2/2c and two M7CL.

I've had a show stopping problem with both the Avids. One is resolved and one isn't. Lucky we always carry a spare desk.

I've had to make major repairs to the M7s. One screen died early right after sound check and one had a CPU problem that did some CRaaZY stuff during operation. Lucky we always carry a spare desk.

I've had screen issues with the PRO2s. Luckily you can have a spare screen and DVI cable in your truck.

These are computers. Open them up and they look like computer s. Lots of open space. Lots of circuit boards. But nothing like the analog desks I have had to dig through.

I have never been in a PRO1 but the PRO2 seems as well built as either of the other desks from inside.

Anyway, every desk I've ever owned, including Venice, Verona, LS9, GL3300 and GL3800 has failed in some way on me. The key is that you can talk with support and get parts. I have no complaint in this regard about Avid, Yamaha, or Midas.

Jason

Last edited: