Dead Midas Pro2c....

Re: Dead Midas Pro2c....

What about the absence of need for support?

Regards the need for support, no argument, less is more. If you use ANY piece of pro audio gear long enough, the odds are, you WILL need support.
The companies that have promptly come to my rescue when that moment arises are the ones that I have reinvested in over the years.
Thank you, you know who you are...

What about the absence of need for support?

I agree with both sides here strangely enough. Let me explain... At a certain level of the game, support becomes critical because you can no longer afford redundancy in every situation. At my level I can afford to have a backup X32 or three, but if my investment in each mixer were say $30K then I would probably want/need them to fix my mixer right away. Running the way I do now (with a spare for everything and a conservative procurement strategy) makes it so I don't need service or support. I always turnover and sell my inventory before it is out of the warranty period. If something breaks that is not covered I fix it myself. if I don't know how, then I get to learn something new.

I agree with both sides here strangely enough. Let me explain... At a certain level of the game, support becomes critical because you can no longer afford redundancy in every situation. At my level I can afford to have a backup X32 or three, but if my investment in each mixer were say $30K then I would probably want/need them to fix my mixer right away. Running the way I do now (with a spare for everything and a conservative procurement strategy) makes it so I don't need service or support. I always turnover and sell my inventory before it is out of the warranty period. If something breaks that is not covered I fix it myself. if I don't know how, then I get to learn something new.

"Right away", as in the middle of a show? When/if you get to the level of $30k(+) consoles you absolutely must have mission critical redundancy built into every facet of your operation. If you want to stay in the game, that is. The higher up the food chain one moves, the more expensive this game becomes.

So the day after the gig you still need good support. Unless you plan on pitching the broken console directly into the dumpster.

Last edited:

Certainly, a product that is well documented, works the way it is supposed to and doesn't break down combined with a strong support if and when you need it is surely what most of us are looking for.

I would want both if I ever went down that road to buy an expensive console, but the X32 is more than capable of doing the jobs that I have to do.

I would want both if I ever went down that road to buy an expensive console, but the X32 is more than capable of doing the jobs that I have to do.

The DL251 has a toggle between 96k and 48k, is it fully compatible with the X32 at 48k? If so, it could be a nice budget backup if a Pro1/2 goes down.

Dear Kevin,
Yes, the DL251 will work with the X32 in 48kHz mode. Keep in mind that since the system would then be running at 48kHz, you would not be able to digitally split that signal to a PRO console, however using the X32 as a backup console for your PRO1/2 as you suggest is a possibility.

Hi Guys sounds like you are having a few problems with the midas pro 2 you should check out the DiGiCo SD Series consoles they are just fantastic. I have a few of these consoles and they have been very reliable! The DiGiCo SD9 offers 96 channels of full DSP Processing and has a vast array of extras as well as the option of 16 stereo aux's plus left and right and 12x8 Matrix. These consoles have been put through their paces and used in every situation imaginable and have preformed flawlessly. Also you have more channels available to on the surface and a nice big touchscreen.

Last edited:

Hi Guys sounds like you are having a few problems with the midas pro 2 you should check out the DiGiCo SD Series consoles they are just fantastic. I have a few of these consoles and they have been very reliable! The DiGiCo SD9 offers 96 channels of full DSP Processing and has a vast array of extras as well as the option of 16 stereo aux's plus left and right and 12x8 Matrix. These consoles have been put through their paces and used in every situation imaginable and have preformed flawlessly. Also you have more channels available to on the surface and a nice big touchscreen.

Yeah, right. I was standing next to an SD7 when it locked up. Required pulling the AC service to reboot.

Of the various touring acts that carry Digico SD mixers, all but 2 (in the past 12 months) have carried a full spare desk. No Midas, Soundcraft or Venue users have done so in that period. I'm glad you like the SD series but they're not the bastion of reliability. The features don't mean shit if the board doesn't respond to controls.