Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

Re: Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

Interesting. But since it wasn't actually built by Lamborghini, doesn't that make it a counterfeit copy? I guess he worked for them for 25 years, but still, wouldn't that get their IP and copyright panties all in a twist?

Interesting. But since it wasn't actually built by Lamborghini, doesn't that make it a counterfeit copy? I guess he worked for them for 25 years, but still, wouldn't that get their IP and copyright panties all in a twist?

It's far from a copy, the Ford in it would be like putting Peaveys in a V-Dosc rig. I'd call it a tribute...

Here is a pretty incredible picture story! Nice freakin work too. I bet it's way better put together than an original...http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1m7Ks...09/guy-built-lamborghini-in-his-basement.html
I've seen kit cars where you bodge a Lambo licenced copy body onto the frame and drivetrain of something very average, like a Ford Sierra...but that is just insane. I REALLy admire dedication like that, and I'm sure many of us here put the same time, money and effort into our warehouses or sound/light/video rigs!

It's far from a copy, the Ford in it would be like putting Peaveys in a V-Dosc rig. I'd call it a tribute..

Not exactly an accurate comparison I think.

Putting that ford big-block in an exotic like that means way less maintenance, much lower costs, and it likely has the same or better performance numbers than the original. The only downside (to me) is the lack of the V12 sound.

Wow, what an incredible waste of time, talent and effort. Impressive skills to be able to do it but it's clearly distinguishable from the real thing. If I were to see it on the road, I'd think it was a cheesy copy. He should have just bought the real thing and used his talents to maintain or mod it.

Wow, what an incredible waste of time, talent and effort. Impressive skills to be able to do it but it's clearly distinguishable from the real thing. If I were to see it on the road, I'd think it was a cheesy copy. He should have just bought the real thing and used his talents to maintain or mod it.

So, this guy builds an aluminum bodied, tube framed supercar and you're going to call it "cheesy"? I doubt any one of us would be able to spot it as a fake if it wasn't sitting next to a real one for comparison....

So, this guy builds an aluminum bodied, tube framed supercar and you're going to call it "cheesy"? I doubt any one of us would be able to spot it as a fake if it wasn't sitting next to a real one for comparison....
I can easily tell the difference. Any knock-off Lamborghini is cheesy in my opinion, from the laughable FieroLambo's to the fiberglass fakes. My opinion, is all the effort seems wasted + he demolished his basement to get to it. He might as well have bought an original which will retain a certain value. He'll never recoup the time and $$$ he put into it. He should have at least gotten original wheels to have it look more realistic. Overall, the car is too short/stout compared to the original.

I can easily tell the difference. Any knock-off He'll never recoup the time and $$$ he put into it. He should have at least gotten original wheels to have it look more realistic.

Reggie, I hope you do not do one single thing just for fun.

For instance, your golf swing is easily too short and powerless to be that of a pro. You will never recoup all the time and $$$ you have put into your game. Go back to your TV and watch life go by you.

Regards, Jack

Last edited:

I can easily tell the difference. Any knock-off Lamborghini is cheesy in my opinion, from the laughable FieroLambo's to the fiberglass fakes. My opinion, is all the effort seems wasted + he demolished his basement to get to it. He might as well have bought an original which will retain a certain value. He'll never recoup the time and $$$ he put into it. He should have at least gotten original wheels to have it look more realistic. Overall, the car is too short/stout compared to the original.

It has more soul then any lambo will ever have.

I thought the chassis was going to be another foam/glass deal. NO: this guy went and learned the English wheel (have you ever used such a machine?) and did every panel by hand, to fit a form he craved out. It's a bit obvious the build was not about money, or authenticity. It was about the build.

Being a machinist as a 9-5 and a car buff, This guys gets nothing but respect from me.

Really puts my little VW build into place...

It has more soul then any lambo will ever have.

Indeed. My only concern is, yes it is a beautiful, one of a kind machine that probably runs real hard but... wouldn't you be afraid to drive it? If I'd built such a thing, I wouldn't let it out in the world... it's priceless and irreplaceable like a real Lambo never will be. I'd have to have the real thing anyway, just so if I wrecked it I knew I could get another, from someone else, for nothing more than money.

Indeed. My only concern is, yes it is a beautiful, one of a kind machine that probably runs real hard but... wouldn't you be afraid to drive it? If I'd built such a thing, I wouldn't let it out in the world... it's priceless and irreplaceable like a real Lambo never will be. I'd have to have the real thing anyway, just so if I wrecked it I knew I could get another, from someone else, for nothing more than money.

I don't have this problem. I've got an older motorcycle that is heavily customized by me. Lot's of suspension tweaks and swaps and frame bracing and what-not. I ride it like a rented mule. I've never had anything as pretty as this guys lambo though. I'd be way more worried about k-mart rash than stuffing it in a ditch.

It is not truely a worthwhile hobby unless people look at you like you are insane when you explain it to them.

Reggie,

you're a DJ?

what an incredible waste of time.
No, I'm a well respected Sr. WAN Engineer, plus landlord, that has a money-making side hobby... DJ'ing. I please at least 1000 patrons every weekend with my music selections. Don't go on the attack because I have an opinion different than yours.

Last edited: