Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

Re: Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

No, I'm a well respected Sr. WAN Engineer, plus landlord, that has a money-making side hobby... DJ'ing. I please at least 1000 patrons every weekend with my music selections. Don't go on the attack because I have an opinion different than yours.

At the risk of throwing fuel on the fire:

He was simply pointing out the incongruity of a DJ (using other peoples music to entertain) harping on this hobbyist recreating an existing design. Neither are using their talents to do something artistically original, but one is entertaining "1000 patrons" and the other is entertaining himself.

As a career musician (and entertainer by default) I have my own opinions regarding DJ's, musicians an other entertainers. It pretty much boils down to the individuals themselves. Some I like, some not so much.....

I'll vote that the car is a really neat project.

At the risk of throwing fuel on the fire:

He was simply pointing out the incongruity of a DJ (using other peoples music to entertain) harping on this hobbyist recreating an existing design. Neither are using their talents to do something artistically original, but one is entertaining "1000 patrons" and the other is entertaining himself.

As a career musician (and entertainer by default) I have my own opinions regarding DJ's, musicians an other entertainers. It pretty much boils down to the individuals themselves. Some I like, some not so much.....

I'll vote that the car is a really neat project.
"Using other peoples music to entertain"... don't Cover Bands do this too?

I appreciate live musicians and I also appreciate musical talent (non-Autotuned singers, instrument players, etc.) but live musicians are not always feasible (ie: a club environment). Folks want to hear what they hear daily on the radio and a live musician can't fill that void in each and every club; thus, the DJ...

[/side bar] [topic]

"Ladies and gentlemen......Reggie has left the building!!!"

......Buddy Love

Fixed it for you.....
Why would I leave the building? Why the "WAA WAA's"?

You're the grown men who are getting your thongs in a bunch because I have a differing opinion. Some sheeple are compelled to just roll with what's popular. I'll now leave this thread because arguing with some of the drones in it is a waste of time. Ya'll can team up, chuckle and post jokey-jokes of my shadow...

Well I guess Reggie couldn't understand when others applied the same standard to his hobby that he applied to someone elses.

Well I guess Reggie couldn't understand when others applied the same standard to his hobby that he applied to someone elses.

You are bringing the hammer and the striking portion of the nail into perfect synchronization here, my brother.

Reggie is just following a well-worn script that many have followed before. Simple advice - if you come into a room swinging your dick and everybody laughs, *don't* make the mistake of thinking that you just weren't swinging it fast enough.

Anyway, very cool project - always happy to see people doing big projects like that instead of just camping out in front of the big screen TV or getting drunk every night. My only nitpick is that he should have designed his own logo and badge - it's totally worth taking credit for.

I was impressed with wood frame/body mock up construction. Not sure I would have started the project in a basement without a way out after it was finished though.

But now he has a heated garage in his basement without having to get the OK from the other half. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/kitchen-car

Not the first time somebody made that mistake.... :)

Some time in the 90's I used some days off during x-mas to mount a lift kit on a off-road vehicle I had back then. Turns out it was too tall to go out the garage door opening afterwards... Luckily I could just change the big offroad tires to smaller ones and let most of the air out to get even lower. Last time I made that mistake!

Last edited:

I don't have this problem. I've got an older motorcycle that is heavily customized by me. Lot's of suspension tweaks and swaps and frame bracing and what-not. I ride it like a rented mule. I've never had anything as pretty as this guys lambo though. I'd be way more worried about k-mart rash than stuffing it in a ditch.

Who the hell in their right mind would take this work of art and love to k-mart anyways? I personally respect this man for his enthusiasm and dedication to a project, the man who built the miniature also deserves much admiration, I don't even play golf!

I was impressed with wood frame/body mock up construction. Not sure I would have started the project in a basement without a way out after it was finished though.
I thought that was calculated. There was a guy in Minot ND that built a plane in his basement in the 70's. Same way out. My dad was so impressed.