Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

Re: Guy builds a Lambo in his basement....

Maaaaaan, cars is for driving.
1) A friend of mine in the 80's always thought that when you got new skis you should ride them over some rocks on purpose. That way you would never be timid and worried about getting the first scratch on them.

2) About the same time the Utah Jazz gave much beloved (and underpaid) head coach Frank Layden a Mercedes for a bonus.
He parked it at practice the next day at an angle in two spots away from everyone else. The star of the team said that was a sign that he couldn't afford it. Point taken, he parked it straight, with everyone else the next day.

Who the hell in their right mind would take this work of art and love to k-mart anyways? I personally respect this man for his enthusiasm and dedication to a project, the man who built the miniature also deserves much admiration, I don't even play golf!

How do you tell a genuine Stradivarius from a copy???

The real one burns with a bright blue flame........

Yes, but the V8 rumble is not at all like the sound from a Lambo 5 liter V12 and just hearing it at idle gives away that it is not the real thing. However, that does not take anything away from the craftmanship and passion involved.

I agree. If it were me, I would've bought a second-hand Jaguar V12. They can be had cheap and the engines are fantastic. It was the rest of the Jaguar that sucked!

This has become one of my favorite vids on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if2j6yqZg0Q

Hey Tim that is a cool video for sure. And Bathurst........and that jag sounds Brilliant!!!!

Reg, how many Lamborghini have you driven? Or how many race cars have you built? I've rented both a Countach and a Diablo. Though I've only built 3 race cars, I've built a couple of them many times and the third isn't done yet. ;) Sort of how racing goes. Race, wrinkle, repeat. If this guy has the tools and chops, which he most certainly does (I have an English wheel, it's a real skill to roll out full body panels) he'll be able to fix or fab anything he might happen to break.