Lookin for a new setup.. thoughts on EV tour X?

Re: Lookin for a new setup.. thoughts on EV tour X?

Thanks for the note, art.

Ill keep that in mind. Would a DriveRack PA 2 do the trick?

Dev.
I use the DBX DRPA, works fine for my needs.
The DRPA reverses polarity from input to output, the DRPA+ reverses the midrange polarity. On a two way, the low and high output are used, so that would not affect your configuration.

Don't know if the DriveRack PA 2 has any of those mistakes built in, but checking polarity is one of those measurement details needed for insuring "the trick" is done.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Last thoughts here. Im debating between a JBL rig and the new PreSonus rig. It would involve 2 PRX718XLF's and 2 PRX715's OR 2 PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI and 2 StudioLive 315AI.

The whole iPad DSP thing is very enticing, but again, I'm really just looking for something that will really make an impact on the audience, loudness and punch over sound quality. I know the specs say the JBL tops would be louder, but its not by much, and its hard to tell.

Thoughts?

PRX700, hands down. It's a better product overall. I'd think about only getting 12" tops, just to toy with the idea. Might work out to something you'll like.

Plus, I'd be willing to buy the PRX used, but not the StudioLive, so when and if you get rid of them, you'll have that on your side.

PRX700, hands down. It's a better product overall.

Max, why do you say that? Have you listened to both?

I haven't heard PreSonus' loudspeakers, but some guy I know speaks very highly of them. Enough to talk me into ordering a pair of their studio monitors.

Take a look at Bennett's Quick and Dirty Bar Rig. While its geared more towards someone trying to get a band going, the thread has some good discussion on loudspeaker offerings around your price range.

http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/8477-quick-dirty-bar-rig-2014-edition.html

Max, why do you say that? Have you listened to both?

I haven't heard PreSonus' loudspeakers, but some guy I know speaks very highly of them. Enough to talk me into ordering a pair of their studio monitors.

Admittedly, no. I haven't listened to them both. But I have taken a listen to the PRX700s, which I thought were pretty solid. All I have on the PreSonus side are the Eris studio monitors that I got to play with a while back. They were a good product, and sounded good, but they weren't amazing. That's not why I'm leaning towards the JBL more, though. The JBL speakers are lighter, have a studier build quality, and are cheaper. Granted, the PreSonus might have some interesting new features and a different design like their remote DSP app and the CoActual system, but for his application, he's going to prefer the JBL speakers. It'll be easier for him to put them up on the poles over the subs, and move around in general. He'll likely be able to resell them easier as well.

I'm not suggesting the PRX over the AI because of sound quality. I'm suggesting it because, from what I can tell, it's a better business decision for him. His back will last longer, he'll have faster set up times, he'll make more money back and they'll do the job to the standards of quality he needs at the loudness he needs.