Marani

Jack Arnott

Senior
Jan 29, 2011
Hello All,
I ran into a product at NAMM called Marani. I am posting this in DIY because I wanted to post this to a couple of other threads, as it is of interest to me, but seemed to want it's own thread, so as to not cause too much topic swerve.
http://www.marani-proaudio.com/

The first thing that caught my attention was the layout of the power in the power modules. I have not found other amp modules that fit what I am wanting to do. Then was the built in processing, and the price point. (Price/value is relative, and I have been warmed over for suggesting Powersoft as a good price.)

Perhaps of interest to others is their stand alone processors, and price point.
(Thinking of the Peter Morris threads, and the talk of the mini-DSP.)

Conveniently for me, the distributor in my country is located in my state.
I have already met with him and purchased a couple of the smaller 2.1 modules.
My first project will be a 12" sub, with stereo 6.5" coaxial full range. I plan on a medium intensity passive, with correction from the digital processor.

I also plan on this being a learning experience with FIR filters.

Jack Arnott

Senior
Jan 29, 2011
Re: Marani

My understanding is that some of the amps are Pascal. The newer ones are designed by engineers who used to work at Pascal.

Josh Millward

Junior
Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, MS

The Marani stuff is pretty good. They do a lot of OEM work for people you have heard of.

I tried out the 4x8 DSP box and it sounded pretty darn good. The software was a bit clunky and not nearly as slick as a lot of the stuff that is out there, but the gear works well.

Ossian Ott

Freshman
Mar 21, 2015

I tried to find the info on the website but in vain, what processor model(s) of the Marani's are bringing FIR filters to the table? I just realized I have one of the three dealers in Europe in my city!

Jun 25, 2018
Paris
Bought a DPA260A last week, for next to nothing. It was pulled out of a fixed installation after only 6 months (reason: too complicated ;)).
Previously, I wasn't impressed by the sound quality and noise levels of most loudspeaker management systems.
This one is very good! I'm using S/PDIF, so there's no unnecessary AD conversion.

Obviously, the software isn't as sophisticated (looking) as Newton, but it works well.
Support of Marani is excellent, with regular updates of both soft- and firmware.Marani DPA260A_2.jpgMarani DPA260A_MP_1.jpg

Last edited: