Martin MLA pricing?

Re: Martin MLA pricing?

It's that time again, I hope all of you are gearing up for a busy summer season of touring, one offs & installs.
I will be starting our first leg of the Zac Brown Band Tour next week and would like to extend an invintation to those who may want to come out and hear the MLA rig.
It's one thing to read about it and quite another to hear it in action.
Wide stereo image and target values that are achieved in eq & spl for the entire venue.
The rigging was well thought out as well. Takes about a minute or two a box. Very easy to pin.

So here are a few of the upcoming tour dates and I'll update these as the season moves along.

4-8 Thru 4-10 - Clemson, SC
4-14 - Starkville, MS
4-15 - Ozark, AR
4-17 - Round Rock, TX
5-4 - Salem, VA
5-5 - Sevierville, TN
5-6 Thru - 5-7 Alpharetta, GA

Folks, We have reached our cruising altitude now, so I'm going to switch the seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land… It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wing it affects the flight pattern.

I'm very interested in this box, but it's unfortunate that it's so heavy. Most every theater in the USA has a 1-ton limit to their DS points. At (I believe) 200 lbs per box, it's about 50lbs heavier than I'd like. Means too short a string for many venues.

I'm very interested in this box, but it's unfortunate that it's so heavy. Most every theater in the USA has a 1-ton limit to their DS points. At (I believe) 200 lbs per box, it's about 50lbs heavier than I'd like. Means too short a string for many venues.

Well, it's still lighter than VDOSC, X-Line, 760's, KUDO, or the larger Meyer boxes. There's really only a handful of large-format line array boxes that come in well under 200 lbs (Vertec, J-series are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head).

1 - Short Ton = 2,000 lb (907.1847 kg)

MLA 87.5kg (193lbs) MLD 91.5kg, 201lbs

Assuming you would be using a signle point hang that would give you
an array of up to 9 MLA weighing in at 787.5kg (1,737lbs) excluding bumper & cables.
I would think 9 enclousures would fit the bill for most theaters.
The ability to do a hard avoid for non audience coverage like the under part of a balcony that has a steep incline and the front lip has shown itstelf to be a huge benefit to me in keeping unwanted energy off these reflective surfaces.
The ability to control leakage on the ceiling and stage also added to the overall quality of the install.

PS: Andy, nice job on the website!
http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/

1 - Short Ton = 2,000 lb (907.1847 kg)

MLA 87.5kg (193lbs) MLD 91.5kg, 201lbs

Assuming you would be using a signle point hang that would give you
an array of up to 9 MLA weighing in at 787.5kg (1,737lbs) excluding bumper & cables.
I would think 9 enclousures would fit the bill for most theaters.
9 boxes per side is fine (prefer 12), but usually I like some underhung down-fills, and with cable, motors, rigging, bumpers, it'll be up over a ton. A 150-lb or under box would be ideal. BTW, is there a downfill box that goes with the MLA?

PS: Andy, nice job on the website!
http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com/
Thanks! It used to be more valid when the Yamaha stuff was new and the addons weren't supplied by Yamaha, but there ya go. I'd like to start some DiGiCo discussions, but there's hardly anyone out there that's interested in discussing those consoles... :roll: