NAMM - report

Re: NAMM - report

Neutrik introduced a new PowerCon with breaking capacity.

Quote: said:
ANAHEIM, CA, JANUARY 13, 2011 Neutrik® USA, the leading manufacturer of professional audio, video, data and industrial connectors,, is pleased to announce the U.S. debut of its powerCON TRUE1 AC power connector at Winter NAMM 2011 (Booth 6320, Hall A). The lockable, extremely robust system of single-phase connectors is among the first of its kind to feature IEC 60320 breaking capacity, designed for 16 A, 250 V, making it ideal for concerts and similarly staged productions where the electrical equipment is often confined to a small area, making safety a top priority.

A complete system, including inlet and outlet couplers for easy daisy chaining of equipment, powerCON TRUE1 also provides for high-density requirements with a unique duplex chassis connector combining an inlet and outlet coupler. Thanks to its high-breaking capacity, performance crew workers and other production professionals can connect large amounts of electrical equipment without worrying that interruptions to the current will cause a catastrophic electric arc. This provides for exceptional safety for those operating the powerCON TRUE1.

Does the new range have cable-mounting females? One of the major drawbacks of the current Powercon range is having to use those expensive (and easy to lose) couplers every time you need to extend a cable.

Have not heard much on the new Behringer X32, although it will be quite interesting to see how it is adopted by amateurs and pros alike. If anyone has found any demo videos please let us know. All I have found is these two images.

Personal mixing in an IEM system sounds great, especially because you don't lose stereo like with the old concept of a ''focus''-knob.

I fear we will not see this in Germany because we don't have a large free radio band for digital transmission under 1GHz yet and maybe never will have. Maybe in the 1.4GHz range some day but it will take time and money to adapt a product for a relatively small market. I fear it's not profitable for Lectrosonics to jump over here with this product.

Any word on what their new pricing structure is going to be for the MBox and Protools lines?

Nevermind, I found it here: New Avid Pricing.

Hmmm.....$900 for MBox plus Protools 9. Starting in March....

Have not heard much on the new Behringer X32, although it will be quite interesting to see how it is adopted by amateurs and pros alike. If anyone has found any demo videos please let us know. All I have found is these two images.

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=182

icon_rolleyes.gif

Well I was wondering who they were going to knock off with this. at least it's not totally identical but it does seem awfully alike.

I hate to admit it, but the X32 is much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the Si Compact, although we don't know how it compares in any other category
icon_rolleyes.gif
. To me it looks like the X32 is a combination of an Ilive and LS9.

Found Video:

www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/01/14/behringer-announce-the-x32/

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=182

icon_rolleyes.gif

Well I was wondering who they were going to knock off with this. at least it's not totally identical but it does seem awfully alike.

There's only so many ways to construct a hardware UI that works for humans. After all, how similar do most analog consoles look?

Given that Behringer has had some original products in the past (mostly digital widgets and consoles, amusingly enough), I'd be surprised if this were a copy of an existing product. Besides, Behringer has historically copied an existing product as their first foray into a new type of products, and then done their own designs for the subsequent generations. This is not Behringer's first digital console.