New DIY Mid High (90deg) - AKA PM90

Well, the DCX464s should be here Thursday so I can't wait to get building and measuring. Unfortunately I have to get a new measuring mic. Umik1 work or should I look at other options?

Well, the DCX464s should be here Thursday so I can't wait to get building and measuring. Unfortunately I have to get a new measuring mic. Umik1 work or should I look at other options?

The Umik1 is less than 100€ where I live and it is a real pleasure to use, it is also automatically detected and configured by REW and comes with it's unique calibration file. No drivers or setup needed and works with any operating system. No doubt there are higher quality microphones if you have the budget to spend; but for it's price it's an incredible tool.

Has anyone built the 90 with a DCX464 yet? Just got my 464s and was curious about impressions or comparisons to the 4594HE and wondering if there were any changes I might need to make. The 464 looks to be about 19mm wider (diameter) and I know the spacing between the 4594 and the RCF MB12N351s was already pretty darn tight. FYI, I'm using the B&C 12NDL76s for my low mids. Thanks

Not much ... about $160 USD for a 2440mm x 1220mm sheet -
1.6mm Mild Steel - 7.9mm round hole - 62% open area

About $75USD to get a pair cut and bent and coated from memory.

a few more pics of my build. getting there although there were a few mistakes on the plans so will need to live with those this time round!

Attachments

• speaker3.jpg
    speaker3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 256
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 254
  • speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 265
a few more pics of my build. getting there although there were a few mistakes on the plans so will need to live with those this time round!

Thanks for mentioning that you found a few errors in my drawings. I am aware that the handle cutouts are inaccurate, but what other issues did you find? I'll try and update them when I can.

For future reference, I think it's best to link to my post rather than to the drawings by themselves. I've tried to keep that post up to date when things change, and I don't always have access to drawing tools without watermarking.

https://soundforums.net/community/threads/60-degree-diy-mid-hi-aka-pm60.12390/post-206849

Thanks for mentioning that you found a few errors in my drawings. I am aware that the handle cutouts are inaccurate, but what other issues did you find? I'll try and update them when I can.

For future reference, I think it's best to link to my post rather than to the drawings by themselves. I've tried to keep that post up to date when things change, and I don't always have access to drawing tools without watermarking.

https://soundforums.net/community/threads/60-degree-diy-mid-hi-aka-pm60.12390/post-206849
I think your mistaken buddy. I used my own drawings that i did from scratch. but i found a couple mistakes like the top hat hole was too small for example....The handles are perfectly accurate in my drawing :)

If you plan to use multiples, the recommended way would definitely be to array the 60 degree boxes horizontally.
It’s understood the recommended usage format for hangs. My question isn’t clear.

I am asking how he intends on using them? And of course how well they work if used in multiple hangs.

Thanks.

Last edited: