New Midas M32 Console

Re: New Midas M32 Console

Well, not promised but implied "future-proof 96KHz capable" to quote the web site. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to have it.

There was never a 96k upgrade implied. What they said was it would be possible to use the M32 with other 96k Midas products. They have that now. You can use an M32 along side a Midas Pro console, with an interface. The M32 will not do 96k itself. According to the training session Kyle just led in KC, this is the way it is and the way it will be.

Thoughts on M32

I just took delivery of an M32 to replace our X32. I really like the professional feel of the M32, but that screen for the USB player with the cassette deck has got to go!
Unfortunately what with ten years of rock'n'roll sound mixing and months of radiation and chemo treatment I can't hear the improvement in the preamps, I was quite happy with the X32 pre's. Also the faders on the X32 were quite responsive enough for me. If the faders on the M32 start sticking, as reported here, I won't be happy.
I have yet to do a show with it, we'll see how I feel on Monday night.

Mick Berg

Re: Thoughts on M32

I just took delivery of an M32 to replace our X32. I really like the professional feel of the M32, but that screen for the USB player with the cassette deck has got to go!
A show with Les Big Byrd that I provided for this summer was recorded on that 'cassette deck' on my x32. The band was impressed by the recording and made it available for sale - On a real cassette! I thought that was funny :)

https://www.facebook.com/lesbigbyrd...total_comments=2&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}

The did 100 cassettes and they sold out in three days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=pjwzeCCk81s

Re: Thoughts on M32

Unfortunately what with ten years of rock'n'roll sound mixing and months of radiation and chemo treatment I can't hear the improvement in the preamps, I was quite happy with the X32 pre's. Also the faders on the X32 were quite responsive enough for me. If the faders on the M32 start sticking, as reported here, I won't be happy.
I have yet to do a show with it, we'll see how I feel on Monday night.

Mick Berg

I was thinking about swapping my 2xS16 to DL32. Heard the same "no noticeable differences" in preamps from quite a few people. Will probably hold onto this and save for something else. The whole setup works flawlessly, first generation X32 with transparent buttons and "kidney" fader caps. Got it used from a small soundco for close to nothing and it already paid for itself many times over….

Re: New Midas M32 Console

I just added 2 DL16s to my x32 and I can hear a noticeable improvement in sound quality. The ground noise present in the x32's outs are gone with the dl16s

Hi ! This post is very old-but I'm interested if there is any decision for the M8000. Are there any plans to publish the chip or would you keep it for your own products ??? kind regards chris