Providers in Nashville.

Steve Ferreira

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys,

I have an event in Nashville in October that I need some gear for. We are looking to rent Meyer M'elodie's. On Meyers website we got a rental company called Black Hawk Audio. Has anybody dealt with them before?
We are going into the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. We will be using the whole Delta Ballroom. Has anybody been into this venue? If you have what gear have you used?

I won't object to other speakers being used, but I have already plotted the room in MAPP:)

Any help with providers, venue etc.... would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Providers in Nashville.

Hi guys,

I have an event in Nashville in October that I need some gear for. We are looking to rent Meyer M'elodie's. On Meyers website we got a rental company called Black Hawk Audio. Has anybody dealt with them before?
We are going into the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. We will be using the whole Delta Ballroom. Has anybody been into this venue? If you have what gear have you used?

I won't object to other speakers being used, but I have already plotted the room in MAPP:)

I haven't worked in there, but when I stayed there for an event, Swank AV was the provider. Beautiful hotel, pretty large ballroom.

Hi guys,

Steve,

Blackhawk has some good guys and they are a Meyer house.
They also should be able to give you good pricing.
I have worked with several of them in the past and they will take care of you.

There are some other Meyer Co's in town but I think the others have smaller boxes.

Are you trying to cover the entire Delta ballroom?

db

Hi Dan,

During the conference portion of the event I need to cover just half the room. For the gala dinner I need to cover the whole room. The room is wide, but I have to take the screens into account and can't have sightline issues.

Evan,
The rooms points are rated at 1000lbs, so I need something relatively light weight but can get up and go.

i3's are 100lbs a piece, so you could get 8 per side with some wiggle room. It's a 140 degree box, which is nice too. 8/side would be a little thin for loud rock, but I'd do 4000-5000 with lower SPL stuff.

However, with that said, Q's are probably the way to go. At 47lbs, you could fly 16/side easily and have headroom for days. Only downside is they are 75 degree boxes, so if you have to cover a wide space, you may need side hangs too.

Evan

I could have sworn I seen the i3's weight at 147lbs, could be wrong.

The Delta ballroom is 270' deep by 208' wide. Which ever rig I decide to go with I still need delays and fills.

I could have sworn I seen the i3's weight at 147lbs, could be wrong.

The Delta ballroom is 270' deep by 208' wide. Which ever rig I decide to go with I still need delays and fills.

If it's anything like the Potomac Ballroom at the Gaylord National Harbor, delays and fills will make your life a lot easier. Those places sound so big and hollow that I think a distributed system vs. 2 big hangs would make a lot of sense.

+1 for Blackhawk.
+2 for Spectrum.. Blackhawk is a great company with great gear.. But I personally like d&b better and Spectrum has lots of it.