What do you think of the new look?

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
Going to take me a bit to get used to it. I liked the look of the last one but get this will probably work smoother on mobile.
Wondering if they will be bringing the old logo header back at some point.
Anyhow glad to have this forum. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Reactions: David Karol
I like the clean look and I like the larger headers. I don't care for the omission of geographical place identification (or avatars, too, for those who use them) for individual posters, though. Hopefully, they will reappear.

I like the clean look and I like the larger headers. I don't care for the omission of geographical place identification (or avatars, too, for those who use them) for individual posters, though. Hopefully, they will reappear.

Hey John,

Unfortunately the old avatars aren't supported. Previously users would have both an avatar image and profile picture image. Those are now merged to one, and since sizes were different vBulletin doesn't support using the old ones. The old avatars are still on the server, and are accessible from the dialog that pops up when editing your current avatar. There's no built in method for directly using those though. Everyone will need to re-upload an avatar.

We'll look into bringing back geographical location. This data is still in every user's profile, so we just need to figure out how to display it.

Reactions: John Norris
Going to take me a bit to get used to it. I liked the look of the last one but get this will probably work smoother on mobile.
Wondering if they will be bringing the old logo header back at some point.
Anyhow glad to have this forum. Thanks for the hard work guys.

I like the new look, but will take a while to get used to. First off, I have not figured out as fast of a way to get to the last page of a thread. Now I am scrolling to the bottom of the first page, and then clicking on the last page, where before the last page was immediately available.

Database errors were related to no space available in /tmp directory. We've been hitting this issue a lot recently, due to backups on the server hogging too much space. We're bringing up a new server for our next round of test sites, and will utilize that for our current day's hourly, the previous daily backups. The rest will continue to be pushed to Amazon S3. That should resolve database items.

Threaded discussion is no longer supported. We'll follow up with vBulletin in case there's some similar functionality we're not taking advantage of.

We're aware of the avatar issue. There are so many errors in our logs to resolve- hopefully we'll get through most of them in the next few days.
Jump to latest post still exists, from forum page, click the arrow link next to 'last post'

So is your comment a moderator only thing? I see only replies, not the inner comment on the post.

It's an everybody thing. Could you send a screenshot where you expect there to be a comment? Also browser / OS would be useful if the issue still persists.

EDIT: Looks like this is broken on Tapatalk. I filed a support ticket with Tapatalk, hopefully they fix the issue on their end. We've disabled this for all users until the Tapatalk issue is resolved.

Last edited:
I really miss the combo box at the bottom of the content on the page which allowed me to jump to any board on the site. I'm now realizing that all my navigation was done using that combo box.

If the crumb trail at the top of the page could be replicated at the bottom, it would be useful also.