What do you think of the new look?

It's an everybody thing. Could you send a screenshot where you expect there to be a comment? Also browser / OS would be useful if the issue still persists.

EDIT: Looks like this is broken on Tapatalk. I filed a support ticket with Tapatalk, hopefully they fix the issue on their end.

Hi David, I am using Firefox, on OSX 10.7.5. Here is a screen shot. I am able to reply, but you commented within a reply, and I don't see a way to do that.

Attachments

• comment.jpg
    comment.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 0
To be quite honest, I absolutely despise this new look. I've always hated change, but this whole new look just seems unnecessary, desperately modern, and is quite frankly hard on the eyes. Why fix what wasn't broke? Was there something horridly wrong with the previous edition? Maybe I'm just being grumpy but this just seems like a huge step backwards from where the site was before.

Hi David, I am using Firefox, on OSX 10.7.5. Here is a screen shot. I am able to reply, but you commented within a reply, and I don't see a way to do that.

Thanks Jack. I could reproduce this, I wasn't looking for the link to post a comment earlier.
We're going to keep this disabled for now- until Tapatalk supports comments. We have a good chunk of users on Tapatalk, and I want to make sure they're able to see everything posted.

mackerr It sounds like Jack is referring to a new vBulletin 5 feature called 'comment', were replies could be left in line with posts.

Hi David, I notice now that when I hit the down arrow on the left side for "posts since last visit", or on the far right, "go to last post", that it loads all the pages. Take for instance the one I just went to the FIR thread. All 7 pages load, when it is taking me to the last post that Michael made. This makes it a bit slower for me, to wait for all seven pages to load. Also to get out of. It seems like I would scroll to the top to go where I wanted next, instead of hitting the back button on my browser. Maybe a bad browsing habit, but that made it very obvious that all the pages were there. I also just noticed in this post that I can't use spellcheck, if I right click, I get paste/add tables instead of correction options. (The word is highlighted to show me it needs correcting, but when I click on it, I get no spelling options.)

PS, thanks for all the work. And I do like the new look. Usually it takes me a while to warm up to different, but the moderness that Max does not like, appeals to me.

In short- we were broken. Bennett or I will make a more lengthy post regarding this in the next few days.

The main thing we'll be working on over the next week is cleaning up text / layout. If you have any feedback regarding pages being 'hard on the eyes', please share. We hope to have everything looking great over the next week or so.

Yah, comments seem to be only enabled for the admin? Just as well, they completely FUBAR the "read newest" functionally - here and on HC. PLEASE don't enable it !!! :(

BTW: If you try to "Reply" on the first page of this thread you get "Empty Response" when you try to post. Seems you have to be on the last page of a thread to reply.

Ron, we'll enable these for all users soon. I want to make sure Tapatalk support is in before turning this on- they say it will be supported in their next SW update.

What is "read newest" functionality over there? If it's not enabled now, we don't plan on getting it going.

BTW: If you try to "Reply" on the first page of this thread you get "Empty Response" when you try to post. Seems you have to be on the last page of a thread to reply.

This was caused by Cloudflare blocking the post request. Since vBulletin doesn't actually redirect the user here, there's no opportunity to enter the Captcha. I decreased some of the security settings on Cloudflare, hopefully that will resolve this. I'll also file a ticket with vBulletin on better support for Cloudflare's anti-spam services.

Hi David, I notice now that when I hit the down arrow on the left side for "posts since last visit", or on the far right, "go to last post", that it loads all the pages. Take for instance the one I just went to the FIR thread. All 7 pages load, when it is taking me to the last post that Michael made. This makes it a bit slower for me, to wait for all seven pages to load. Also to get out of. It seems like I would scroll to the top to go where I wanted next, instead of hitting the back button on my browser. Maybe a bad browsing habit, but that made it very obvious that all the pages were there. I also just noticed in this posst that I can't use spellcheck, if I right click, I get paste/add tables instead of correction options. (The word is highlighted to show me it needs correcting, but when I click on it, I get no spelling options.)

Hi David, this morning when I go to the FIR thread, I click on the arrow to the right, right below Peter Morris' name, and I indeed go to the last post, but when I scroll to the top, I have to go through all seven pages of thread. It says page seven of seven, but it is loading all seven pages at once. (See capture of this below, you can see the first post, which should not be on there, it should be only on page one.

Re: spellcheck, as you can see above, I have changed the spelling in "post", and in the attachment, what I am getting when I right click on it.

Attachments

• 7of7.j.jpg
    7of7.j.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
  • spellcheck.j.jpg
    spellcheck.j.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0