X-Air

Re: X-Air

Dear All,
The first X AIR mixers have just left our factory, as I indicated earlier. This means that it will be 4-8 weeks before they reach our end-users. We are still putting the finishing touches on the PC/Mac and Android Apps, in addition to another update to the iPad app. The Quick Start Guide for the product will also be available on our website very shorty, with a full manual following over the coming weeks.

The RTA will be implemented in all versions of the mixing app. The video that Christian refers to was recorded at Sweetwater at the initial launch of the product and at that time, that feature had not been implemented in all apps :)

I will follow up here as more details become available but will try to answer any questions I can in the meantime. Thanks for your patience and interest in X AIR!
A little off the path here, but since you will be implementing the RTA in the X-Air iPad app, can we also expect to see this in the X32 Mix app soon as well?

Dear All,
--snip--
The RTA will be implemented in all versions of the mixing app.
--snip--!
John, if I can interpret "all versions" as applying to the main X32 app as well -- now please don't take this wrong but -- I could kiss you and your team <wink>!

I (and I'm guessing all that mix from iPad) thank you sir.

..dave

I might have a use for the XR18. Is the Android app out yet? I cant find it. I hate Apple products so please dont suggest the iPad way.

Why so strong words. On the end does it matters?:)~:)~:smile:
I thing all of us have at home OSs: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, Osx, or not? 8)~:cool:~:cool:

Why so strong words. On the end does it matters?:)~:)~:smile:
I thing all of us have at home OSs: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, Osx, or not? 8)~:cool:~:cool:

The Android app is out now. You can download it from the Behringer product page. It is designed by Dave, just like Mixing Station. Sure hope he is making a ton of cash for it.

Dear All,
While we are busy with adding many more great features to our X AIR mixers (including Mute, Fader and Auto-Mixing Groups), we are excited to share the first X AIR EDIT 0.5 Beta with you later this week. X AIR EDIT is an X AIR mixer remote control and editing application for personal computers. It provides full remote control for all the BEHRINGER X AIR series mixers (X18/XR18/XR16/XR12), and also features a fresh new GUI approach that was conceived especially for touch-based operation. Enjoy intuitive and responsive parameter control, scalable window size, plus independent pop-up windows that can remain open while editing the main Mixer window.

As you can imagine, we are very excited about the whole X AIR project and we will continue to upgrade the mixer firmware as well as its remote applications over the coming weeks and months. This means that there will be continuous updates to our X AIR apps for Android smartphones/tablets and for Apple iPad, so stay tuned. We have been told that the first XR18 mixers have just arrived at Sweetwater, but if you are not among the first ones to get your hands on one of these X AIR mixers, make sure you check out the X AIR EDIT offline editor to see how BEHRINGER X AIR Mixing will change the way we mix in the future.

Please let us know what you think about our new X AIR mixers and share your live experiences! You can find more information on the X AIR app from our website: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/XR18.aspx

Dear All,
While we are busy with adding many more great features to our X AIR mixers (including Mute, Fader and Auto-Mixing Groups), we are excited to share the first X AIR EDIT 0.5 Beta with you later this week. X AIR EDIT is an X AIR mixer remote control and editing application for personal computers. It provides full remote control for all the BEHRINGER X AIR series mixers (X18/XR18/XR16/XR12), and also features a fresh new GUI approach that was conceived especially for touch-based operation. Enjoy intuitive and responsive parameter control, scalable window size, plus independent pop-up windows that can remain open while editing the main Mixer window.

As you can imagine, we are very excited about the whole X AIR project and we will continue to upgrade the mixer firmware as well as its remote applications over the coming weeks and months. This means that there will be continuous updates to our X AIR apps for Android smartphones/tablets and for Apple iPad, so stay tuned. We have been told that the first XR18 mixers have just arrived at Sweetwater, but if you are not among the first ones to get your hands on one of these X AIR mixers, make sure you check out the X AIR EDIT offline editor to see how BEHRINGER X AIR Mixing will change the way we mix in the future.

Please let us know what you think about our new X AIR mixers and share your live experiences! You can find more information on the X AIR app from our website: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/XR18.aspx
Hi John,
Is the x32 x edit sw also being revamped with a new gui etc - i realise that the air range will be more reliant on Sw controls but All x32 (especially core users) & now M32 users have been wanting a much improved GUI for Xedit for a long time - in fact from the time it was called x- control.

Dear All,
While we are busy with adding many more great features to our X AIR mixers (including Mute, Fader and Auto-Mixing Groups), we are excited to share the first X AIR EDIT 0.5 Beta with you later this week. ...

Dear friends of the BEHRINGER X AIR mixer series,

As John had kindly announced yesterday, our X AIR EDIT version 0.5 beta for PC is out now. We are still busy with a number of enhancements, obviously, but on the other hand we are confident and quite enthused about the X AIR EDIT performance, so we didn't want to hide it any longer from you.
www.behringerdownload.de/XAIR/X-AIR-Edit_V0.5beta_PC.zip

The 0.5 beta is currently compiled for Windows PC only, but rest assured we will provide OSX and Linux versions by the time when we are releasing the official V1.0.

For those of you owning an XR18 mixer already, you may consider using the X AIR EDIT as a convenient tool for updating the mixer's firmware in the future. We recommend checking for updates to the most recent firmware regularly, in order to benefit from additional functions and features, and to ensure optimal results with the various remote apps. The current firmware version is 1.07 and you can find it on behringer.com, too.
www.behringerdownload.de/XAIR/X18_Firmware_1.07.zip

All the X AIR remote apps (PC, iPad, Android) will of course be updated very soon, as well, in oder to keep up with new functionality in the mixer firmware. This will be an exciting ride with lots of novelties, not only in this class of ultra-compact digital mixers.

Have fun and three cheers for the engineering team!
Jan

Dear friends of the BEHRINGER X AIR mixer series,

As John had kindly announced yesterday, our X AIR EDIT version 0.5 beta for PC is out now. We are still busy with a number of enhancements, obviously, but on the other hand we are confident and quite enthused about the X AIR EDIT performance, so we didn't want to hide it any longer from you.
www.behringerdownload.de/XAIR/X-AIR-Edit_V0.5beta_PC.zip

The 0.5 beta is currently compiled for Windows PC only, but rest assured we will provide OSX and Linux versions by the time when we are releasing the official V1.0.

For those of you owning an XR18 mixer already, you may consider using the X AIR EDIT as a convenient tool for updating the mixer's firmware in the future. We recommend checking for updates to the most recent firmware regularly, in order to benefit from additional functions and features, and to ensure optimal results with the various remote apps. The current firmware version is 1.07 and you can find it on behringer.com, too.
www.behringerdownload.de/XAIR/X18_Firmware_1.07.zip

All the X AIR remote apps (PC, iPad, Android) will of course be updated very soon, as well, in oder to keep up with new functionality in the mixer firmware. This will be an exciting ride with lots of novelties, not only in this class of ultra-compact digital mixers.

Have fun and three cheers for the engineering team!
Jan

Looking at both the Android app and the X-Air-Edit v0.5 beta for PC it is not clear to me how one might set up the auxes to be pre fader+pre EQ+pre dynamics. Is that even possible? In fact I don't see any options for pre/post dynamics WRT auxes at all.

Just got an xr18 in today, came with firmware 1.04
- upgraded it to 1.08 {running windows8.1 in parallels on a macbook pro running 10.10.2 (14C109)}

at first try upgrading firmware, it hung up at 39%, hit cancel - tried again and it went right to 100% and things progressed fine.

running 0.5.1 beta just fine under parallels - so I tried to load the new OSX 0.5.1 beta...

I just get a window that says.. [ The application "X-Air-Edit" can't be opened. ]

anyone else get this?

Also, the new ipad app interface seems very "Presonus-ish"... quite nice actually with the sliding left/right panes, it's just missing the eq curve display right now (just has knobs). I really like the fact that you can instantly see the updates made on xAirEdit in realtime. I notice my iPadAir will "glitch" quickly every minute or so, but not disconnect. I notice it says something like "can't connect" with a circle with arrrows. That little glitch thing does not happen in the regular x32 app on the iPad, or on xAirEdit running in windows in any way. I have the XR18 direct ethernet cable connected to a netgear R6700 dual band router. The interface is VERY snappy and quick, I've noticed no lag in the response so far. NICE WORK!

We got ours in last night. Upgraded FW to 1.08 and updated the iPad app and the Mac Edit 0.5 Beta App. Everything works great and sounds great so far. You need to learn it's ways of doing things, and it doesn't do everything yet, but it will be excitying to see what this will become: Dugan auto mixing, 3rd party apps and plugins, etc.

XR18 system.jpg

Dear Declan,

Regarding the issues you had with installation/are having with the connection dialog: if you're so inclined you can certainly talk to our CARE team to see if they might be able to troubleshoot your scenario with you. You can contact them at [email protected] or by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK). It seems most everything is working for you but I just wanted to throw that out. Thank you!

Thanks Sean, Thought I'd add info on the "rather uninformative" error message:

X-Air-Edit.crash_on_start.v0.5.1.message.OSX.10.10.2.png
Here's the only (4) lines from the event log that it throws (every time I try to launch it, I also tried re-downloading the program 4 different times):

----
3/4/15 6:18:04.276 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.music-group.X-AIR-Edit.242852[4021]) Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Users/slater/Desktop/X-Air-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/X-Air-Edit

3/4/15 6:18:04.276 PM Finder[341]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=111 label=com.music-group.X-AIR-Edit.242852 path=/Users/slater/Desktop/X-Air-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/X-Air-Edit flags=1 : LaunchApplicationClient.cp #1136 LaunchApplicationViaLaunchDJobLabel() q=com.apple.root.default-qos

3/4/15 6:18:04.277 PM Finder[341]: spawn_via_launchd() failed, errno=111 label=com.music-group.X-AIR-Edit.242852 path=/Users/slater/Desktop/X-Air-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/X-Air-Edit flags=1

3/4/15 6:18:04.276 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.music-group.X-AIR-Edit.242852[4021]) Service setup event to handle failure and will not launch until it fires.
----

Thanks for any help on this...