X32 Discussion

re: X32 Discussion

Behringer is setting up a website, don't know what exactly is going to be on it, so I was waiting to see if that would meet our needs/wants.

However, there is a site, x32user.net that can be used for this and other purposes.

I haven't done much with it, waiting to see what Behringer wanted to dffer, but if anybody wants to have an unofficcial user group, feel free to join in. Moderators and webwizzards please apply :)~:)~:smile:

Might be better to wait then :)

I was going to do something similar Per, but using dotnetnuke 8O~8-O~:shock:

Kev

Behringer is setting up a website, don't know what exactly is going to be on it, so I was waiting to see if that would meet our needs/wants.

However, there is a site, x32user.net that can be used for this and other purposes.

I haven't done much with it, waiting to see what Behringer wanted to dffer, but if anybody wants to have an unofficcial user group, feel free to join in. Moderators and webwizzards please apply :)~:)~:smile:

Think this is a good idea - often better to have it "non-official" if Behringer put up site where pre-sets are loaded - can always link to it with a sticky!

Nick

Last edited:

Mike, SOF is the use of the faders in place of an aux mix's knobs. Just like mixing for house, you can glance down and see what is up (and how far up) in an aux. You can toggle between main/aux or the aux mixes. Sometimes this feature is called "fader flip" or "flip mode." Can be a real time saver and sanity checker.

DCA groups are pretty much like the VCA groups in analog mixers. If you're unfamiliar with that, IIRC Allen & Heath has an article about mixing on VCAs on their web site. You might want to google for it. VCAs differ from traditional audio groups (or "submasters") in that they control the levels from the internal signal path of the assigned channel rather than the output level of a hard-wired summing bus. It affects only signal level, it has no impact of routing. Think of it this way: groups/submasters are for signals you want to *process* as a group; VCA/DCAs are for signals you want to *control* as a group.

The use of VCA/DCA groups does not limit or change your use of traditional groups. You can still assign the kit or panned toms to a stereo group for additional dynamics processing; vocals to groups for some overall dynamics or EQ, etc.

The one caution I offer is that you need to understand how DCA assignment will affect the signals to the personal monitoring systems. If you have keyboards assigned to a DCA and you pull that down a little, does it change what the player hears?

Thanks, this is really helpful, get it now.... just need a desk to play with... will be dispatched soon I hope

Ditto:)~:)~:smile:

Heh Heh.. and me too. Gave up on Studiospares who are now forecasting Decemeber.... how can they possibly have no clue on their supply chain. Mine is in transit from Thomann... these German's are just so precise.... you gotta love it compared with the UK importers/retailers shambles.
So by Wednesday or Thursday it will be sleepless nights getting to grips with the new mixer. I sort of feel like an Anorak, even my kids yawn every time I open a sentence with "X32"..... my ten year old says "are you talking about your Behringer again Dad" before reverting back to her handheld games console... however I'm really excited. This is a big move up from a 20 year old analogue desk, although I have been geting to grips with the principles on an old DDX3216.

We've got the P16s and the P16-D unit already...... happy days.

Re: X32 Screen Accident

Hi guys, it's been great to be part of the forum, I've been blessed of been part of it and this was fundamental in buying a X32 and 4 P16m with its P16d for our small church in Dominican Republic (with our small budget it was almost impossible thinking about having a digital board, until Behringer came out with this great product on this unthinkable price range, and even then we had to count on some people to make special donations for the project of buying these equipments)...
The thing I want to share with all of you to encourage you to buy and expect the best out of the post sales customer Service of this company is regarding an accident that happened while I traveled to Florida, USA to pick up the mixer and the personal monitor system, I was very excited, I even posted in the forum questions regarding what to check before flying back and everything worked great as expected, I bought a Gator Gmix 38x28x8 case packed everything well and took the flight back home to the Caribbean only to realize the TSA opened the case (I know this for a note they leaved inside the case) moved the mixer from the position I have secured it placed it put the board on top of two of the P16m and the END result was a Broken lcd Screen (pictures attached) on the X32, and the volume and pan Knobs on 2 of the 4 P16m broken (the other two got here perfect)...
As you would imagine what was for me a dream trip (to get the equipment I always wanted for church) didn't turn out as expected and I was really sad with the outcome even if that weekend (I got here on saturday) we were able to connect the board in time and use it with the damaged screen for the youth service and the sunday service getting a sound from our band never heard before...everything sounded perfect but the thing with the screen and the knobs (and it was almost impossible for us to send it back to USA for repairs, because the cost of traveling with an oversize and overweight item like this plus the almost 40% customs tax our Government Charge for equipment like these, we were really sad) was a real problem ahead our eyes..well I came to the forum sent a PM to Christian who showed real interested and suggested me to PM a few people including Uli Behringer himself who for my surprise was the first to answer, showing real interest in my case (even knowing Behringer had nothing to do with this, again it was an accident while transporting the system) and he just asked for a shipping account and just 3 days after our forum conversation I received one new Lcd screen and 6 Volume/Pan Knobs for The P16m which I personally together with my team replaced on the affected gear (I'm the church Pastor but also an Electronic Engineer) and now everything is back to normal with these great products working as they should and Behringer has our total trust and commitment in the future...(We have even started talking people willing to cooperate to raise funds to buy two S16 when they are available) because I prefer to buy equipment from companies that show they are not only interested on the business side of manufacturing products but also in helping people lives with the product they make, way to go Behringer!!!
I'm including a couple before and after pictures, and want to encourage you to Trust this company and their products, they really have put everything they have unto this project and I know this will be a new company from now on,
Thanks for reading, God Bless You all
Pastor Jorge Duarte
View attachment 4765

View attachment 4766

PD: Sorry my english is not that good

THis is a really great story, apart from the fact the American TSA caused damage to your equipment and would no doubt take no responsiblity for it even if you could find a method of raising the issue. They went in my suitcase on the way back from Florida a few weeks ago and would you believe it, opened a bag of jelly beans which they then left rolling around amongst the clothes, which then all needed the fruit stains washed out. Small thing I know but the fact is they really just don't care about people or their property.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a X32, just about to get paid for my SL24.... I hope I don't regret it !!!! GuitarCenter.com says the console is available in the LA area, so I shouldn't have problems getting one right ???

I just saw and played with one today at a Guitar Center in CT it still had version 1.02 of the firmware on it. I brought it to their attention to no avail. It seems like they got all of the first shipment into the US. My local store has had one on order and it got bumped.

So speaking of version 1.02 compared to 1.08 does anyone have a summery of all of the updates between these versions. I was impressed with the console for the price but a little bit annoyed at some of the things that didn’t seem to be there and then I saw that it was the older firmware. When I asked about them updating it they said they didn’t have access to the web from the store computers. I asked how they would feel about me bringing in a USB stick with the update on it and do it without them looking. I didn’t really get an answer but he didn’t say no. I will have to load it onto the stick I usually have on me and see if I get back there soon.

Hi guys, it's been great to be part of the forum, I've been blessed of been part of it and this was fundamental in buying a X32 and 4 P16m with its P16d for our small church in Dominican Republic (with our small budget it was almost impossible thinking about having a digital board, until Behringer came out with this great product on this unthinkable price range, and even then we had to count on some people to make special donations for the project of buying these equipments)...
The thing I want to share with all of you to encourage you to buy and expect the best out of the post sales customer Service of this company is regarding an accident that happened while I traveled to Florida, USA to pick up the mixer and the personal monitor system, I was very excited, I even posted in the forum questions regarding what to check before flying back and everything worked great as expected, I bought a Gator Gmix 38x28x8 case packed everything well and took the flight back home to the Caribbean only to realize the TSA opened the case (I know this for a note they leaved inside the case) moved the mixer from the position I have secured it placed it put the board on top of two of the P16m and the END result was a Broken lcd Screen (pictures attached) on the X32, and the volume and pan Knobs on 2 of the 4 P16m broken (the other two got here perfect)...
As you would imagine what was for me a dream trip (to get the equipment I always wanted for church) didn't turn out as expected and I was really sad with the outcome even if that weekend (I got here on saturday) we were able to connect the board in time and use it with the damaged screen for the youth service and the sunday service getting a sound from our band never heard before...everything sounded perfect but the thing with the screen and the knobs (and it was almost impossible for us to send it back to USA for repairs, because the cost of traveling with an oversize and overweight item like this plus the almost 40% customs tax our Government Charge for equipment like these, we were really sad) was a real problem ahead our eyes..well I came to the forum sent a PM to Christian who showed real interested and suggested me to PM a few people including Uli Behringer himself who for my surprise was the first to answer, showing real interest in my case (even knowing Behringer had nothing to do with this, again it was an accident while transporting the system) and he just asked for a shipping account and just 3 days after our forum conversation I received one new Lcd screen and 6 Volume/Pan Knobs for The P16m which I personally together with my team replaced on the affected gear (I'm the church Pastor but also an Electronic Engineer) and now everything is back to normal with these great products working as they should and Behringer has our total trust and commitment in the future...(We have even started talking people willing to cooperate to raise funds to buy two S16 when they are available) because I prefer to buy equipment from companies that show they are not only interested on the business side of manufacturing products but also in helping people lives with the product they make, way to go Behringer!!!
I'm including a couple before and after pictures, and want to encourage you to Trust this company and their products, they really have put everything they have unto this project and I know this will be a new company from now on,
Thanks for reading, God Bless You all
Pastor Jorge Duarte
View attachment 4765

View attachment 4766

PD: Sorry my english is not that good

I'm the first guy to say I'm not interested in this and won't buy one, but I gotta say, good on you Behringer for going above and beyond to help this customer out.

Hats off boys!

Request to Behringer

Hi,

One thing I would find very useful is a modified block diagram, I think the DDX3216 is a better example than the one provied for the X32 (too small to read some of it even printed on A3 on the X32). But here is the important bit, what I've done on the DDX3216 diagram is an overlay of which menus apply at which routing point on the block diagram. This means at a glance I can see which menu applies to which bit of routing/assigment/and i/o at a glance. This can be very powerful when learnig and to get to less used setups.

Mike

Heh Heh.. and me too. Gave up on Studiospares who are now forecasting Decemeber.... how can they possibly have no clue on their supply chain. Mine is in transit from Thomann... these German's are just so precise.... you gotta love it compared with the UK importers/retailers shambles.
So by Wednesday or Thursday it will be sleepless nights getting to grips with the new mixer. I sort of feel like an Anorak, even my kids yawn every time I open a sentence with "X32"..... my ten year old says "are you talking about your Behringer again Dad" before reverting back to her handheld games console... however I'm really excited. This is a big move up from a 20 year old analogue desk, although I have been geting to grips with the principles on an old DDX3216.

We've got the P16s and the P16-D unit already...... happy days.

Just had a call from a friend who says he's had an e-mail/call from Electrovision to say that they have arrived. Studiospares web-site is now saying 21st September. Expect to get mine real soon now from DV. It's very easy/intuitive to use - you won't need sleepless nights! Anything that isn't clear becomes much clearer if you follow the "how do I"s in the manual - you can then deduce how to do other things as well.

I find the block diagram in the latest version of the manual, which is a full page, perfectly readable (having complained to B about the diagram in the quick-start)

Last edited:

Studiospares web-site is now saying 21st September.

Great news thanks for spotting that. I hope they prioritise preorders over new Orders. I just hope ours won't have to go back due to the cable routing issue.

How are Behringer/dealers generally dealing with these issues? Does the dealer let you keep the board until a replacement is available or are people shipping boards to be repaired and having to find their own boards in the meantime?

Update: Gig No.51!

The promoter said, there will be about 1.000pax, what was definitely not the case, but we thought, this could be a nice event for checking the mon/foh X32 setting anyway.
Hi Christian and thanks for the great stories and insights to using the X32. Can you please tell if your using two x32's - FOH & monitors whether the input gains of both desks are totally independant? Regards, Rob

Update: Gig No.51!

The promoter said, there will be about 1.000pax, what was definitely not the case, but we thought, this could be a nice event for checking the mon/foh X32 setting anyway.
Hi Christian and thanks for the great stories and insights to using the X32. Can you please tell if your using two x32's - FOH & monitors whether the input gains of both desks are totally independant? Regards, Rob

Hi Rob,
thank you:)
The Preamps are not independend. The Master desk (monitor) sets the gain, and the slave desk (foh) has only a digital trim (+/-12dB). But as far as I know, this goes for all digital desk (only the big Midas Pro consoles have two Micpres build in). If you need total independence, you will need an analog splitter system.
Christian

Dave......where can I find the manual v2.0?.....I am only seeing the preliminary manual which is 22 pages on the Behringer site

Hi Rob,
thank you:)
The Preamps are not independend. The Master desk (monitor) sets the gain, and the slave desk (foh) has only a digital trim (+/-12dB). But as far as I know, this goes for all digital desk (only the big Midas Pro consoles have two Micpres build in). If you need total independence, you will need an analog splitter system.
Christian

Is it possible to set FOH as the master and MONS as the slave?

Just in case anybody hasn't seen this one the official behringer forum, theres a new iPad version on the way shortly :)

Kev

"The new version being released in the app-store next week will have channel editing functions. Convenient control of headamp and channel parameters, bus sends of the selected channel and naming is available with that update."

Great site, great info, thanks for your help guys, I have basically read all of this thread, very interesting, interesting enough to make me want to get one X32... As I said, I'm selling my SL24... (Closing the deal tomorrow)... anyone out there that had this concern about how the x32 would stack up against the SL24 ??? Please share your comments.