X32 Discussion

re: X32 Discussion

Hello Uli,
i'd like to know wenn the android app will be ready for dowload and if its possible to use the pc app unter windows 8? And another app question: whats the resolution of the app window? I'm planing to by buy a tablet pc and i'm afraid, that it's screen don't fit right...
Thank you very very much for your amazing support and the awesome job, your team did with the X32
love it :)
Greetz from Ger
Jens

Dear Jens,

thanks for your question.

At this stage we cannot comment on an Android app release yet, however the PC Remote app should work under Windows 8.

Thank you for your appreciation for the X32. I will be more than happy to convey your message to our R&D and support teams. Our engineers have been spending more than 4 years developing the X32 and I am extremely proud of them for their excellent work and dedication.

However this is just the beginning...

Liebe Gruesse nach Nordrhein-Westfalen wo alles begann!

Uli

Re: X32 Screen Accident

Hi Arturo,
Joe Sanborn here with BEHRINGER.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your talkback section.

I took a look at my X32 and can confirm that you should see the setup screen, for the talkback section, when you hit the View button.

I want to get this corrected as soon as possible.
Please give Chase a call at our Las Vegas service facility to discuss.
The number is:
Call Center
702-800-8290
option 1 for tech support
Ask for Chase our lead X32 Tech Support Person

Please feel free to email me directly if I can assist any further.

Thanks,
Joe Sanborn
BEHRINGER

Just wanted to share with you guys that I spoke with Chase at Behringer, he said the problem with my X32 is most likely a small ribbon cable that came unplugged inside (he said he actually opened a mixer there, unplugged the cable and it did the same thing I described)

and since I need the mixer pretty much every weekend, they're having UPS pick mine up on Monday, and shipping me a new one which I should have here in TX before my weekend gigs.
I am blown away by how quick they are taking care of this... I wish every company was like this!

Dear Jens,

thanks for your question.

At this stage we cannot comment on an Android app release yet, however the PC Remote app should work under Windows 8.

Thank you for your appreciation for the X32. I will be more than happy to convey your message to our R&D and support teams. Our engineers have been spending more than 4 years developing the X32 and I am extremely proud of them for their excellent work and dedication.

However this is just the beginning...

Liebe Gruesse nach Nordrhein-Westfalen wo alles begann!

Uli

I'm getting my X32 next week.... but your note got me thinking...

"However this is just the beginning..." refers to ???? More products? more development for the X32 platform? smaart ?

Well mine finally arrived yesterday from GAK so units are now in the Uk being shipped by Uk suppliers.
First impressions.
Looks great!
Fader knobs are wobbly and seem a little budget, but then at the end of the day I guess they are!
Not much else to suggest this is a budget unit, in fact the visual and the feel of the unit is quality.
Still playing with it but so far I am very, very impressed.
Behringer are saying "GAME CHANGED" by this unit and I don't think anyone who used one will argue that.
We haven't always been impressed with Behringer having wasted money on some analogue mixers but this is the third Behringer product we have bought in the last year that has impressed us completely the others being Inuke amps (which kick out good power but never even get warm) and some active neo cabs which are loud has hell and sound great!

So big thanks and well done to Uli and the team, you are making a very positive contribution to our business.
P.S. We want an X16 :)

Dear all,

we have a great surprise coming up by the weekend.

Actually I should say it is an iSurprise!

Opps , :roll::roll:

Sorry Uli , I let that one out of the bag in post #1477 8O~8-O~:shock:

Kev

Kevin Hunter said:
Just in case anybody hasn't seen this one the official behringer forum, theres a new iPad version on the way shortly :)

Kev

"The new version being released in the app-store next week will have channel editing functions. Convenient control of headamp and channel parameters, bus sends of the selected channel and naming is available with that update."​

Hi
Just about to buy an X32 but have a couple of questions that I hope you guys may be able to answer:
I am looking to get 15x P16M to provide monitoring for our large worship group does this diagram work?

X32 setup.jpg

Cat5 from ultranet out on desk.
Can I set up what I send down the 16 channels to the P16m’s? Can I send groups?
Power – will the POE (power over ethernet) work for the P16m’s in this configuration?
Is there any problem using the existing network points in the building to send the signal?

Thanks
Phil

Hi
Just about to buy an X32 but have a couple of questions that I hope you guys may be able to answer:
I am looking to get 15x P16M to provide monitoring for our large worship group does this diagram work?

View attachment 4842

Can I set up what I send down the 16 channels to the P16m’s? Can I send groups?
Power – will the POE (power over ethernet) work for the P16m’s in this configuration?
Is there any problem using the existing network points in the building to send the signal?

Thanks
Phil

I cant comment on all your questions but using the existing network ports depends on how they are connected.

Althou it is using Ethernet cables it doesnt use standard computer protocols to transmit the information , this means that if you have any form of router or network switch in its path then it will not work. It has to be one continuous length of cable with nothing inbetween it. (This assumes its using similar technology as the AES50 port).

Here is a good description of the technology:

SuperMAC | HyperMAC

Kev

Hope this will help you!
Hi
Yes it will work great!!!!

View attachment 4842

Can I set up what I send down the 16 channels to the P16m’s?Yes, you decide what you send!!
Can I send groups? Yes of course!!!
Power – will the POE (power over ethernet) work for the P16m’s in this configuration? Yes because you are using the P16 D
Is there any problem using the existing network points in the building to send the signal? No problem if you have only cable running, but if you have any kind of switch it could be a problem

Thanks
Phil

I finally got mine yesterday. So happy of it, and liking all what I see. One problem though that is still unresolved. I decided to use the XUF Firewire as an audio interface to do some recordings. I still can't figure out how to route the input signal back to cubase. in other words i can record in cubase but the sound is exactly what is getting in the console. No EQs or dynamics are affecting the recorded sound. If anyone can help me with the setup i would really appreciate it.

Below my setup screens

20120919_013358.jpg20120919_013415.jpg20120919_013432.jpg

Some photos from soundcheck for the first gig with my X32 here in Barbados........the first one on island.....sounding really great...
IMG_0179.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0181.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpg

I finally got mine yesterday. So happy of it, and liking all what I see. One problem though that is still unresolved. I decided to use the XUF Firewire as an audio interface to do some recordings. I still can't figure out how to route the input signal back to cubase. in other words i can record in cubase but the sound is exactly what is getting in the console. No EQs or dynamics are affecting the recorded sound. If anyone can help me with the setup i would really appreciate it.

Below my setup screens

View attachment 4843View attachment 4844View attachment 4845

The 3rd picture is your issue. You have a couple ways to get the DAW returned to the X32:

1) Just return the DAW L/R (master) channels - do this by configuring "Card 1-4" in the "Aux In 1-4" in ROUTING->HOME. Then, you can set your DAW to use either 1-2 or 3-4 as your master return - you can find your returns on the 3rd layer (Aux In / USB FX Returns), faders 1-4

2) To route ALL your channels from the DAW back to the X32 (as a "virtual soundcheck", for example), In the ROUTING->HOME screen, in each of the "Inputs ..." columns, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "Card <x>-<y>". A simple routing would be, Inputs 1-8 get their signal from Card 1-8, and so on.... Don't forget to set up any appropriate routing in the DAW to line up the channels correctly.

Hope this helps!

Don

Last edited:

@Jens: Looks great - nice and clean workspace!
Reminds me, to clean up my messy system.
By now I'm preparing a case for two S-16 and I want to put a P-16D and a drawer for the P-16M in it.

@All: How do you store/rack your P-16M? I'm not realy sure about the 19U drawer...

Christian