X32 Rack

Re: X32 Rack

That is correct.

I have to disagree with Brent, IF the mixer is going to live on stage for it's entire life and full control surface is just more bulk to deal with. Prior to getting a X32Rack I did many shows where the mixer was backstage and I was out front with my iPad, when going solo it's nice to not have to ask someone to help you place your console on a table.

Of course I'm assuming that is your plan since you specifically mention iPad control.

I am now doing this for shows that require onstage monitor mixer. X32 full size on stage...me mixng FOH on the iPad. Great for outdoor amphitheaters with no easy FOH position. Plus saves so much time setting up and tearing down. I haven't mixed on the console all year. I love faders and a surface but I have mastered the iPad setup where I am confident enough in most situations I end up in.

I am now doing this for shows that require onstage monitor mixer. X32 full size on stage...me mixng FOH on the iPad. Great for outdoor amphitheaters with no easy FOH position. Plus saves so much time setting up and tearing down. I haven't mixed on the console all year. I love faders and a surface but I have mastered the iPad setup where I am confident enough in most situations I end up in.
Other than using a Compact rather than full size X32 this sums up my experience as well.

..dave

The downside to the X32 Rack and the Mackie is they cannot be cascaded. Yes, you can sub mix from one to the other, but the control software does not allow you to combine and control two units as one seamless console. The PreSonus has that capability.

Actually, you CAN use 2 X32 racks and have it work as though you have a 32 in 16 out mixer by connecting the AES50 interface. You also can then run them as 2 completely separate mixers as well so your FOH mixer and your monitor mixer are independent of each other, sharing the same 32 inputs.

Actually, you CAN use 2 X32 racks and have it work as though you have a 32 in 16 out mixer by connecting the AES50 interface. You also can then run them as 2 completely separate mixers as well so your FOH mixer and your monitor mixer are independent of each other, sharing the same 32 inputs.

I use 2 X32 racks on stage and a full size X32 out front. One of the X32 racks is a monitor mixer, and they both act as a snake to get all 32 channels everywhere. I have 16 mixes from stage, plus 12 busses from FOH (typically 6 FOH sends and 6 monitors from FOH) using the X32 rack 1/4" aux outs. It works well. I can use the other X32 rack as a FOH mixer, but I have yet to actually do that.

I also have a 32 channel hardwire XLR splitter in the stage rack, so I can plug into a house snake if I have to. Overall, it's a really flexible system, although sometimes the AES50 routing gets a little crazy.

Compared to the legacy models the ai-series all share the same features. However, due to the different mechanical layout of the mixers all functionality is not accessible via the actual console surface but only in the mixer remote software, aka VSL.

one example would be the mute groups that are only accessable on the 32ai. However all ai mixers have mute groups using VSL.

Thanks.

The thing I did notice is that it appears that while the gates has a key filter, the compressors do not. I suppose that this is less of a problem than the gate (which is a really big problem in my book). I am sure there are some that would think that having a key filter on the compressor was more important than I do.

for live situations I need vocal effect who singing third tone of my voice. Are there any plugins for effects on x32 who allows controlling of the voice via midi input?

Thanks.

The thing I did notice is that it appears that while the gates has a key filter, the compressors do not. I suppose that this is less of a problem than the gate (which is a really big problem in my book). I am sure there are some that would think that having a key filter on the compressor was more important than I do.
Yup, no sidechain on the fat-channel compressor. If I ever had to choose then the gate sidechain is much more important to me than a compressor sidechain.

On the fat-channel it isn't possible to use an external sidechain either and that sux.

The new depth option in the x32 expander is a killer for me. Now I only miss an open/close threshold control to make it complete...

Hello,
I have two questions
1. I use x32 rack and I would like to record sound to camera via tape out (Aux5 and aux6). How can I control volume of recorded sound?
2. I would like to independently control L and R main volume. Because there is one main fader, I would like to tell me other way to do this. It will be easy if there is L and R master fader.
With panorama level of volume one side is lower, and the other one is on higher volume, but I would like to raise volume of left side, and right side to be t the same level.

Hello,
I have two questions
1. I use x32 rack and I would like to record sound to camera via tape out (Aux5 and aux6). How can I control volume of recorded sound?
2. I would like to independently control L and R main volume. Because there is one main fader, I would like to tell me other way to do this. It will be easy if there is L and R master fader.
With panorama level of volume one side is lower, and the other one is on higher volume, but I would like to raise volume of left side, and right side to be t the same level.

You could use Matrix sends from L/R, I think that might be separate. I would do a backup to the USB recorder...you can adjust each input.

Hello,
I have two questions

The stereo output controls whatever is connected to it or routed from it. I'd use a matrix mix (or a pair if you are recording stereo), route L/R to it and have recording level control from the matrix master(s).

But I didn't want to control volume level of AUX5/6 with master fader, because with master fader I control volume of speakers on events. I want to independetely control volume of master fader, and volume of recorded sound via Aux5/6.