60 Degree DIY Mid Hi - AKA PM60

"Has anyone tried these drivers b & c dcx464?" ... work in progress, but the DCX464 looks fantastic, even better than the 4594HE for this project.

The clearance is very very small but it looks like it will fit using the B&C 12".

Attachments

• 464 pic 1.jpg
    464 pic 1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 464 pic2.jpg
    464 pic2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 244
Hello I'm Frank and new to this forum. I have read the threads PM90 and 60 several times. Also followed Peter van Gils from the Netherlands doing his build. Now I'm going to start building my first PM90. I've build four th118, they replaced my four EAW SB250 subs. Now I want to replace my vintage JBL 4750 cabinets. I'll start with two pieces and maybe later an additional 2. The amps for the tops are 2 C88.4 (lab's) with a xilica dx4080 processor. My main concern is to find someone over here who can make the right settings. The components that I'm going to use are the dcx464 on a hf950 and the mb12n351. Maybe for the second two I will change the horn to the xt1464. Any recommendations other than making it 2 cm. higher for the dcx?

Last edited:
Hi Carl - The DCX464 is a much newer design and I suspect they have improved a few things, especially the distortion levels. I also suspect it will make more SPL and go slightly lower. The mid / hi crossover has some overlap so it easier to get this area to work well.

The VHF does not go quite as high as the BMS4594, but so far it sounds more natural, in fact more natural (with Lake processing) than anything I have ever heard! ... but I am yet to use it in anger.

Hi Carl - The DCX464 is a much newer design and I suspect they have improved a few things, especially the distortion levels. I also suspect it will make more SPL and go slightly lower. The mid / hi crossover has some overlap so it easier to get this area to work well.

The VHF does not go quite as high as the BMS4594, but so far it sounds more natural, in fact more natural (with Lake processing) than anything I have ever heard! ... but I am yet to use it in anger.

Glad you did it so I didn't have to! I was budgeting out to test them earlier in the summer, but I guess there's no need. :)

Hello I'm Frank and new to this forum. I have read the threads PM90 and 60 several times. Also followed Peter van Gils from the Netherlands doing his build. Now I'm going to start building my first PM90. I've build four th118, they replaced my four EAW SB250 subs. Now I want to replace my vintage JBL 4750 cabinets. I'll start with two pieces and maybe later an additional 2. The amps for the tops are 2 C88.4 (lab's) with a xilica dx4080 processor. My main concern is to find someone over here who can make the right settings. The components that I'm going to use are the dcx464 on a hf950 and the mb12n351. Maybe for the second two I will change the horn to the xt1464. Any recommendations other than making it 2 cm. higher for the dcx?
Hey... What designs and drivers did you use to build your th118? Is it the xoc1 design loaded wit b&c driver?

Hey everyone, I've only just stumbled across this build from Peter and thinks it's amazing how much detail there really is and can't wait to start building!

I also wanna say thanks to Peter for helping me out this morning with some info.

I've just finished drawing up the plans in sketchup as it really allows me to check out the design before i build it and I've also rendered a few pics to show what finish I might be going for.

I've attached the sketchup file for whoever wants it.

All the best
Sal

Attachments

• pm60-6.jpg
    pm60-6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
  • pm60-5.jpg
    pm60-5.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 192
  • pm60-4.jpg
    pm60-4.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 172
  • pm60-3.jpg
    pm60-3.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 157
  • pm60-2.jpg
    pm60-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • pm60-1.jpg
    pm60-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
  • PM60.zip
    293.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I've only just stumbled across this build from Peter and thinks it's amazing how much detail there really is and can't wait to start building!

I also wanna say thanks to Peter for helping me out this morning with some info.

I've just finished drawing up the plans in sketchup as it really allows me to check out the design before i build it and I've also rendered a few pics to show what finish I might be going for.

I've attached the sketchup file for whoever wants it.

All the best
Sal
What design did you use for the subs, xoc1 th118?

So finally I found the plan, on page 38 top, thanks Max :)

Should one dimension be +2cm to fit dcx44+rcf mb12n351s?
Did anyone share their eq settings?

Thanks a lot!

No... Did you employ these horizontal like a line array?
This is a pointsource (& dipole), designed for standing up.
You will get low horizontal dispersion and heavy vertical interference from missing splay.
You need to stand them up with splay (angle), not flush, to avoid heavy combing.

Try that asap, horizontally stacked is very bad :-(