Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Hello
1) Please separate the configuration (name and colour) and the faderposition of DCA´s in the the snippes and param save...In Theater/musical productions it is very important to change the names of the DCA´s but not the fader level...
2) It would be nice to make crossfades for faderlevels from Cue to Cue....
3) It would also be nice, to have "custom layers..."

If you need beta-tester please send me pm ;)

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Hello
1) Please separate the configuration (name and colour) and the faderposition of DCA´s in the the snippes and param save...In Theater/musical productions it is very important to change the names of the DCA´s but not the fader level...
2) It would be nice to make crossfades for faderlevels from Cue to Cue....
3) It would also be nice, to have "custom layers..."

If you need beta-tester please send me pm ;)

Yes please to all of these!

Hey Folks.

I really only have a few requests for 3.0 but they would be game changers for X32 systems in musical theatre and other multi mic/input environments.

1. Ability to cross fade between cues or scenes. For fading in or out actors/groups entering/leaving the scene/stage also Orch swells and ducks between dialogue. Super handy. I use a utility called X32Reaper by Patrick Gilles Maillot to accomplish this with Reaper for now.

2. Option to configure DAW remote to directly control another x32 from the main X32. Example would be controlling a X32 rack from a X32 compact allowing full control of rack. Either separate control Ethernet cable or incorporated into the AES50 cable like midi.

I have very limited and awkward control via Mackie Control and the Editor software now but I am talking about pushing the DAW remote button and my compact controls the rack. I use an unsupported third party app called sync link which accomplishes most of this for now but can't manipulate the FXs.

Would be better however if it was a direct connection between two networked X32 devices. One could then configure a 64 input - 32 output - with a two way 8 buss between rack and compact over AES50 via the aux inputs on both devices. X32 Control surface meet another X32 if you will at the push of a button. Much like XTouch but built into any x32 mixer.

3. Basically a better one to one input-output patching system would be wonderful. If the rumours however are true with regard to only blocks of 8 at a time so be it but how about giving us the whole 8 inputs of the aux inputs. That would be AES50 1-8, Card 1-8, Local 1-8 instead of 1-6. Lots of the time I am playing back from Qlab and don't need the USB player or recorder but wished I had another couple of local inputs.

4. Ability to send buss outputs to other busses. Not to itself obviously but to other buss outputs. Again a theatre thing I think. I want to send my cast group buss 1 to reverb buss 13 and to stage monitor buss 9 not just to the 6 matrixes.

5. Make the spacebar the button for GO in X32 Edit software just like the default for Qlab or many other media players.

6. More scenes and cues. Theatre folks need 200 to 300 scenes internally in the mixer.

I have to to say my X32C and two S16 stage boxes have super impressed me and many who have heard, operated and rented my system. All transported in the biggest Pelican case on wheels and it is just killer! Not that it couldn't use a few tweaks here and there. But that is what firmware upgrades are all about no?

Make these upgrades and I will buy an additional X32 rack and another S16 stage box to make this pic a reality.

X32-Visuals-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Folks.

Also option to configure DAW remote to directly control another x32 from the main X32. Example would be controlling a X32 rack from a X32 compact allowing full control of rack. Control over either separate control Ethernet cable or incorporated into the AES50 cable. Using the third party sync link app does most of this for now. Would be better however if it was a direct connection between two networked X32 devices. For FOH/Monitor operation or to configure an 80 input - 32 output system. X32 Control surface meet another X32.

Hey Kyra,

You were able to get sync link working? I have a similar setup (compact and a core with 2 s16's), but sync link crashes as soon as you click the .exe on any of my computers (Windows 7, 10). I even tried reaching out to a couple knowledgeable users on another forum, and even the creator of sync link, but no luck. If you have it working, could you PM me and describe how you have it working?

Thanks