Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

Re: Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

It has been a while since I read thru this thread so perhaps this has been mentioned.

X-edit is free and a great tool to have. I would like to see an add-on option that turns it into a full functional software console to add too the X32 family. I would love the ability to patch in multi-tracks directly into X-edit and configure my console with real-time results. Yes I know I could go purchase an X32 core and go that route (which I am considering as a solution for now). But I think it would be nice to not need any extra gear other than my laptop. Shrug, maybe its just me, but I would find a use for it. Perhaps if you really wanted to patch in external inputs have some sort of USB or ethernet interface with a small handful of XLR i/o. I could see that as a nice little setup for acoustic acts or corporate gigs that just need one or two mics. Again I know the X32rack and core exist as computer controlled options, but what if we could bypass the hardware and use Xedit as a software based console if for nothing else other than real time configuring.

Some other features that I am sure either I have mentioned before or someone else has:
1. I also would love to see the AES/EBU output on the S16/S32 boxes. Not sure why it wasn't there. A digital direct input into your DSP from the stage racks would be nice...

2. vertical pairing, i.e. 1 and 17
3. the addition of the seventh matrix fader (or some other use for it)
3. the ability to insert two fx on a given channel
4. the ability to patch in external/waves fx into the FXrack directly
5. Combinator to be used as an insert on racks 5-8

Again, just wishlists...I am sure there are others but these come to mind at the moment.

It has been a while since I read thru this thread so perhaps this has been mentioned.
2. vertical pairing, i.e. 1 and 17
3. the ability to insert two fx on a given channel

Again, just wishlists...I am sure there are others but these come to mind at the moment.

Both these ideas are good, but I particularly like the idea of vertical pairing. We often have only a dozen or so inputs and someone not terribly skilled has to operate the ipad, so keeping it to a single screen of faders is useful, but hard if you have one or two stereo inputs. Vertical pairing would help to hide the other input away. Unless someone has a way of doing a similar thing with the current software?

I would prefer that paired channels only occupy one slot to give room for more inputs per layer.
and, second, it would be better to use consquently custom assignable layers on both fader banks.

Both these ideas are good, but I particularly like the idea of vertical pairing. We often have only a dozen or so inputs and someone not terribly skilled has to operate the ipad, so keeping it to a single screen of faders is useful, but hard if you have one or two stereo inputs. Vertical pairing would help to hide the other input away. Unless someone has a way of doing a similar thing with the current software?

Simple solution:
X32 mixstation on android, complete customized layout, inputs, dca outputs whatever you want on 1 page.
RTA behind eq, only FX is lesser designed in the terms of knobs etc. But the functionality is great.

Simple solution:
X32 mixstation on android, complete customized layout, inputs, dca outputs whatever you want on 1 page.
RTA behind eq, only FX is lesser designed in the terms of knobs etc. But the functionality is great.

I don't have an Android device but got the Windroye Android emulator working on my Surface Pro 3 and Mixstation works well on that! What a great app! Thanks for the info.

1. Control IQ speaker amp gain from board.

2. Be able to MIDI map CC control to anything you can assign to the custom encoders and buttons. For example, assign encoder 1 to fx send 1 for channel 1 and then midi map it to be controlled by CC 40 on an external midi controller. I've been able to get daws to communicate through osc, but it is cumbersome to say the least.

3. True native multitrack recording of all 32 channels to a connected drive or USB stick.

Did an auto mix function ever get any traction as an internal function on the X32 consoles?

Dear All,
As we have just rolled out generation 2.0 firmware for the X32, we are now starting to collect feature requests for 3.0. As mentioned some time ago we are considering adding auto-pitch correction as well as auto-mixing, a technology we are very familiar with. Auto-mixing has already been implemented in some of our commercial audio products, such as our EUROCOM MA6000M.

Behringer X32 Firmware v3.0 Feature Requests

I don't know if this thread is actively followed anymore, but I do have some ideas for the X line.

I want an iPhone app that will allow full control of the console. I realize this would be horrible for mixing a band, but I find myself using the Rack or the XR18 for little stuff where an iPhone controller would be excellent.

These rack style consoles get used in a lot of installs. Having the ability to whip out your phone to bring up some background music or a podium mic would be so very convenient! If your system is installed in a closet somewhere and you've been walking around the venue setting up for the nights' event you probably won't have your ipad with you, but you WILL have your phone in your pocket. That should be able to control a channel at a time (at least) so you could bring up a mic to test it out.

More FX slots possible?

I know it's probably a DSP limitation....an upgraded DSP chip would be awesome...but my biggest wish is more FX slots. The included plug ins are so good and so useful I wish we could use more of them. This is even worse when I get to a house system and its set up with 4-6 channels of graphic EQ in the slots...total waste.

Re: More FX slots possible?

I know it's probably a DSP limitation....an upgraded DSP chip would be awesome...but my biggest wish is more FX slots. The included plug ins are so good and so useful I wish we could use more of them. This is even worse when I get to a house system and its set up with 4-6 channels of graphic EQ in the slots...total waste.

Just buy a extra X32 core and use that for the extra FX, a lot cheaper then 8x a "real" effect. :lol:8)~:cool:~:cool::razz:8O~8-O~:shock::twisted:

Re: More FX slots possible?

Please explain how this is done/routed/etc?
I would rout mixbussen via AES50 to the core, just use input channels without processing straight to the FX.
Outputs can be send back over aes50 to the main console, to (aux) input channels or direct to XLR outputs, or also to S16. Good for eq or bus effects.

For inserts I think you can use off course the FX on the main X32, and via the 6x AUX outputs coupled to AES50 to the core. But that would be something to try...
On the main console you do have the first 4 FX for insert.
With the 6 aux I would assume that 10 FX for insert would be realistic.
Then you have 6 FX left for bus duty, that can be 12 mono eq for monitors etc.

For sure it's not something that is setup fast and does have drawbacks if you have the main X32 already fully loaded. Many ways to reach your best fit.
But could be a solution for some.

I have done 50+ input channels with 2x X32 connected to each other via AES50, 3x S16 on stage and some local inputs at FOH. (Wireless and background music)
Not easy but can be done also.