New Midas M32 Console

re: New Midas M32 Console

Had a 260Z 2+2 (the +2 was optimistic for anything more than a short trip) many moons ago.
It didn't take too much work to get that L26 motor to perform. Got 220kmh/137mph once. Once was enough.
No power steer, no ABS, no fancy electrickery. Very raw and very, very fun!

Darren

My first new car was a '71 240Z in dark green :) It was fun to drive. I sold it many years later to a cop in NH that was going to race it.

Sent from my iPad HD

My first new car was a '71 240Z in dark green :) It was fun to drive. I sold it many years later to a cop in NH that was going to race it.

Sent from my iPad HD

Man, you probably didn't have much rust in the rear wells either if you had it in the dry heat. I would have loved to have had a 240 back in the day, but they had all been raced out or rusted out by the struts.

So here's the new Desk.

MIDAS M32

Looks like a 96K X32 to me. Same layout as the X32 just with Midas polish.

Interesting Gap filler in the TMG lineup.

Edit: Actually it says in the writeup 'its future-proof 96 kHz capable open architecture design...' Interesting. That would explain why the stage boxes and everything else about this look basically identical to the X32 and no where else does it mention 96K.

Maybe they put two X32 processors in the box so they could take it to 96K with different peripherals? i don't know.

Anyway, looks like a very well dressed X32 at this point to me. For what is i'm sure quite a bit more money....

Last edited:

I'm having difficulty seeing how this isn't just an upgraded X32 with "Midas" written on it. Midas DL16... really? Surely X32 has a good enough reputation that the market would have borne an "X32 PRO".

Chris

Ah Hmmmm.. Testing.. Is this thing on?

http://soundforums.net/varsity/9126-new-midas-console-post72172.html#post72172

For this one, I will claim the Digital Crystal Ball Prize.

Everyone need now get in line to get the next lotto numbers from Tim....

i'm genuinely surprised that they made this move. It's an X32 in a nicer box with cooler looking controls. Guess that's easy enough to engineer and produce, but... definitely makes mincemeat of the 'two companies, two identities' concept.