New Midas PRO X Console at PL&S

re: New Midas Pro X Console at PL&S

This better not be an M32 producer :lol:

PL&S is normally where the more pro-end products are released. Its less of a music-tech centric show (like NAMM) and more of a events & broadcast show.

Never thought of this. The brand seperation would be much slimmer with this product as the UI would be the same (iPad).

So I don't think so. The PLS is a more pro oriented fair than the NAMM. But again, I don't find an actual hole in their desk line-up. So maybe a matrix / speaker processor? I still try to make some sense out of the naming...

Well but - Neutron = small particle. Not as small as a boson but still quite small ;-)

Neutrons are quite big, and very bad for electronics and living tissue. When not on the move creating havoc, they are quite useless, just adding weight and destabilizing whatever structure they are part of. The are however very important for the function of nukes :twisted:
Since it is unlikely that Midas will make a product incorporating iNukes, I can only conclude that this must be Uli's new random name generator at work, already having produced some stunning names for the Turbosound lineup.

okay: based onthe siluette underneath the "blanket" i see a new pro x/x/x with maybe new center section 8)~:cool:~:cool: and possbile more fx/whatsoever engine(s) :D~:-D~:grin: (end-of-whishlist) -
NEXT please :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you'll find this is the exact same image used to reveal the M32... So unless its an M33, I think the image is pretty meaningless :lol:

Although an updated Pro3/6/9 would be nice. Those are getting long in the tooth...

they are quite useless, just adding weight and destabilizing whatever structure they are part of.

A touch backwards, they actually stabilize the nucleus. There is a proton to neutron ratio that causes the nucleus of an atom to be stable. As the number of protons increases the number of neutrons necessary to make the nucleus stable increase. At lower atomic masses the ratio is close to one to one. As the atomic mass increases so does the number of neutrons necessary to create a stable nuclei. Once the number of protons passes a certain atomic number, no number of neutrons will make the nuclei stable. All those nuclei are radioactive. The two most common paths of radioactive decay, alpha and beta decay both serve to move the proton to neutron ratio from an unstable ratio to a stable ratio.

A touch backwards, they actually stabilize the nucleus. There is a proton to neutron ratio that causes the nucleus of an atom to be stable. As the number of protons increases the number of neutrons necessary to make the nucleus stable increase. At lower atomic masses the ratio is close to one to one. As the atomic mass increases so does the number of neutrons necessary to create a stable nuclei. Once the number of protons passes a certain atomic number, no number of neutrons will make the nuclei stable. All those nuclei are radioactive. The two most common paths of radioactive decay, alpha and beta decay both serve to move the proton to neutron ratio from an unstable ratio to a stable ratio.

Only question is: what is that "certain atomic number?" We'll have to wait and see on that one.

So the Neutron may be a product hat does nothing to the sound but glues sounds together. Sounds like a matrix to me ;-)

That or a powered mixer with an iNuke power module.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk

Only question is: what is that "certain atomic number?" We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Max, it is 82 lead. All isotopes of all elements above that are radioactive.

One of the problems I have with the research into the "superheavies" is how they decide if they have "discovered" something new. For many of these, microseconds is a long life before they decay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

So the Neutron may be a product hat does nothing to the sound but glues sounds together. Sounds like a matrix to me ;-)

That or a powered mixer with an iNuke power module.

Christian, that is the Leplage glue gun. It was developed by the Germans in WWII to stick together an entire flight of allied bombers in the air.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

My money is on a higher end console. Neutron is the heaviest of the Baryons. Love those quarks. The Bentley styling and an upgrade on mobo, cpu, and hopefully software should last a couple of years. A more modern, sleek image could go a ways.

My money is on a higher end console. Neutron is the heaviest of the Baryons. Love those quarks. The Bentley styling and an upgrade on mobo, cpu, and hopefully software should last a couple of years. A more modern, sleek image could go a ways.

But where would they put a higher end console? Their product line is pretty much complete at the higher end, PRO 1 through 9 and XL8 fits almost every need imho.

Maybe they have upped the channel count, and so this is a pro9/xl8 level product with more horsepower.

What would be amazing is a console that's io/channel processing limit is relative only to the amount of cards/dsp modules in the system or by having all the processing in each stagebox.
You would therefore be able to grow the system as needed.

Having processing all in the stageboxes and just being able to hook up as many as is needed for the channel count and with a high maximum number of boxes able to be connected together and used like one massive console would be a real revolution

Would require either an unfeasable amount of faders or banks though.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625