Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Half-time show......

For next year..........

Not the Who, but the What.

Re: Half-time show......

The size of the show that they put on the field in just a few minutes is nothing short of amazing. I was happy that they didn't just lipsync the event like they used to, but wow, the audio quality had to be the worst. It felt like I was watching a bad karaoke performance.

They obviously had some major technical difficulties all around. I can only imagine the meetings going on today about that.

Re: SUPERBOWL!

<object width="425" height="366"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/46EUWULgeUI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46EUWULgeUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="366"></embed></object>

I don't know about y'all, but I definitely heard some autotune... as an effect, not through the whole song to clean up their singing. Pretty raw audio, IMHO.

There are good karaoke performances????

Yes. Every now and again there is an amazing person that comes out of no where.

I've been blindsided twice by this at different bars. One was a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, the guy was about 350 pounds and NAILED it. I have yet to see him again though.

A lot of the local Music/Voice students go out to the local VFW on Karaoke night a few times a month, and the talent there is amazing.

There are good karaoke performances????

Yes. Every now and again there is an amazing person that comes out of no where.

I've been blindsided twice by this at different bars. One was a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody, the guy was about 350 pounds and NAILED it. I have yet to see him again though.

A lot of the local Music/Voice students go out to the local VFW on Karaoke night a few times a month, and the talent there is amazing.

How 'bout equal time for instrumentalists to bring in their axe and play behind vocal only tracks?

It's all kind of ''paint by numbers'' to me.

Re: So far

Sound Reinforcement officially dies on this date in 2011 at the Super Bowl. That really sucked.

GIGO

+1... all they could do was make it audible for everyone else. Don't blame the middle man...

Not really blaming middle man or anyone specific. I'll leave that to the person who signs the checks. I was making a general comment like everyone else that it basically sucked! Just tried to be a little clever which, obviously... failed! (just like Fergies mic.)
icon_lol.gif

Re: So far

I just saw the half time show on YouTube. I thought it could have been produced by Mike Judge for an Idiocracy sequel.

I think this is a very good visual. Or a very bad visual.
icon_lol.gif
But well put.

P.S. Note to self: remember to see Mike Judge's latest film ''Extract'' - released in 2009. Sort of like Office Space but with the roles reversed.

Also, Beavis and Butthead is coming out again on MTV. Hmmmm...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/beavis-and-butt-head-returning-to-mtv